best 160 disc rotor in terms of performance, weight, value?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spectastic

by spectastic

I'm trying to find a good rotor for my tcr advanced disc. It'll be my main bike for training, and maybe a few road races here and there. Because I'm planning to use this bike a lot, I'm looking for a disc rotor that is a good balance betwen good performance, wear, cost, and weight. Also, the hubs I'm using is 6 bolts, so that rules out the center lock options.

So far, I think the avid hs1 seem like a good option. they have plenty of material in the rotor part for good braking performance, less wear), and less material in the spline, which is good for weight savings. At 100g, they're ok. They're also dirt cheap.

I've seen others like kcnc razor, and it looks like there's barely anything there to help you stop. they seem to be fast wearing rotors, cost more, and save only 40 g, which is not a huge deal to me.

what are your guys' take on disc rotors? any suggestions?

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Don't over think it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spectastic

by spectastic

weightweenies, I expected more from you..

jfranci3

by jfranci3

There’s another thread here on this topic. You can lose a bit of weight by getting a 2-piece rotor, you can get a noisy rotor, but otherwise they’re all the same. Disc and stems, not a place where you’re going to save a lot of weight.