Sub 350 clincher rims

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I mentioned about the disk-brake only rim several posts back. And yet the Op didn't respond to my post.....

Hookless design too.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Maybe that's where he got the idea :thumbup: like a subliminal message.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kavitator

by kavitator

Coinmonger wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:45 pm
http://www.eiecarbon.com/carbon-rim-roa ... cher--35mm ordered rims from them .They had same rims as MCFK same weight but i will stick with your advice guys and go with bit deeper section for more shock absorbtion and durability .Yeah i know sceptism over that shenzen chinese company but it seems decent .Im gonna Give them a go.And od that wójt work i will go for MCFK.Aivee hub for rear wheel with 17 mm axle and 4 bearings straight pull.Weight around 200g and Extralite Cyber HD front (im mostly seated driver or holding much od weight on rear wheel so IT should be fine) with even 32/28 spokes(saplim super spokes with titanium nipples) i will get a weight to around 1250 grams .All done guys thanks for all advice im ordering hubs and i will keep you posted .I will make long term review after all parts arrive. Many thanks for all :)))
:roll: :lol:
"The lightest carbon road rim with Disc brake bikes are compatible .Disc brake used basalt brake surface.It is an really pretty design for road bikes"

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The op going to be disappointed possibly.

Coinmonger

by Coinmonger

Awwh crap :((

Coinmonger

by Coinmonger

Then i will get a new frame as well .But for a Wheels im consider to go for pillar Extralite spokes

Coinmonger

by Coinmonger

My frame weights around 1.8 kg with a fork so im going to change IT as well do no worries .

ergott

by ergott

ergott wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:40 am
Coinmonger wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:24 am
As for spokes they are capable of withstanding more pressure according to saplim (2900N) As for numbers i could increase number of spokes if neccesery .3budget around 1k €.
You should seek out a respected wheel builder near you and trust their recommendation. Don't try to force a minimum weight parameter or spoke choice on them and you'll end up with wheels a lot better than what you seek. The numbers you are refering to have nothing to do with a strong/stiff wheel build that you require.
I'm reposting this because I think you should get a wheel builder that you can work with that will aquire the correct components and build you a great set of wheels.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I thought this was a budget build. now your buying a new frame.

Spoke life is not dermeined by the max tensile strength of the metal. how the spoke responds to fatigue is critical and has alot to do with the tensions used and quality of the build. the max tensile strength of the spoke can be ignored. IT tells you nothing except what the max tensile strength is. Spoke never see that so its irrelvent.

Coinmonger

by Coinmonger

I spoke with them and IT appears that they are legit.(that bazalt breaking surface is just a langage mystake on their website.@ergot Im in touch with one and i will Ask about hes opinion and what he needs to know before i will order things.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

It's still a disc brake rim though. The asymmetric only design is a give away. Also the tyre internal width is too wide for road tyres. Unless you putting gravel tyres on your going to have potential problems.

If you can cancel your rim order I would. I have a feeling though your not going to heed the wheel builders advise. Also your asking for advise from some one who is not supplying parts. You need time consuming help. In this thread we have tried and you still have bought disc brake rims but have reported back I have spoken to them and it's fine.

It is the asymmetric only hookless design that gives the disc brake nature away and for wide low-pressure tubeless tyres only not the basalt brake track.

I am not helping any more. Since we are all banging our heads against a brick wall.

Coinmonger

by Coinmonger

All i just wanted is to have freakin 350/400g carbon clincher rims ... .Sorry for trouble ; im just rly new to this and seriously need some help with that build .

Coinmonger

by Coinmonger

Order cancled which i should pick from their range (the rims comes With diffrence shape and sizes im quite sure there is at least one with 28 spoke holes which i could pick

Coinmonger

by Coinmonger

And your wrong just about one @bm0p700f they do produce rims for V breaking.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I think the 40mm rim would be ideal for your weight. I don't understand your obsession with a low rim weight. Can you save 100g. on something else on the bike? A 450g. rim will be durable and strong. A 400g. rim and your weight it becomes a health hazard. If you insist on low rim weight then go tubular. You will lose weight without losing sacraficing strength. And you can also buy a factory-built set like the Campy Bora 35 Ultras in tubular format.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com