Wert Stick Shift skewers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ergott

by ergott

hannawald wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:51 pm
I was warned by ex pro not to use these lightweight skewers as wheels can be released from them just by pushing the wheel by one hand to side..
I don't know about all the others, but that's not the case with these as far as I've experienced.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mythical

by mythical

I'm closing down Wert Cycling and Stick Shift QR's will be no more in 2019. 2 days left for our clearance sale with up to 45% discounts until 2019.

More background info: https://www.ridewert.com/wert-cycling-is-closing-down/
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

hannawald

by hannawald

I don't understand technical description on your web pages:
Through-the-lever axle-thread-into-pivot design prevents unintentional loosening (yes, it’s a thing)

How is this different to other lightweight skewers that may not have enough clamping force (compared to DT RWS, Campa skewers or Shimano skewers) and cause creaking, lack of stiffness or in the worst case loosening wheels...?
Thanks!

hannawald

by hannawald

ok, I have decided to support you and have just bought a pair, although I didn´t get any detailed info here despite asking couple of times..
i hope the skewers will be safe and all the best with your future projects!

mythical

by mythical

Thank you for your support, hannawald!
hannawald wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:20 pm
I don't understand technical description on your web pages:
Through-the-lever axle-thread-into-pivot design prevents unintentional loosening (yes, it’s a thing)
Wert Stick Shift QR axles are assembled by taking the axle through the hollow lever and threading it into the pivot. Unlike typical skewers, a Stick Shift QR axle cannot be pulled out by the clamp force, and makes a Stick Shift QR 100% rebuildable. Lever swaps to change color are also possible.

I've had a USE Spin Stix axle loosen at the lever side, rendering it USE-less (pun intended). With both threaded axle ends spinning freely, tightening became impossible.

About the clamping, the ball-socket interface between lever and the dropout washer is completely rigid, sits solidly inside the hub and has zero play when tightened (unlike QR's with, say, a plastic pivot washer). We've not heard of any wheel clamped by a Stick Shift QR shifting inside a dropout.

One forum member had this problem with his Tune front skewer during a climb, then switched to Wert and eliminated the issue. There's even a 2m tall 100kg customer who was initially hesitatant but now says he has complete confidence in how his Stick Shift QR's clamp.

I hope that answers your question satisfactorily. Please share your findings once you tried out your Stick Shift QR's.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

Hi there, I’ve been considering these QRs, how are they holding up?
Should they be good for a 85kg rider? Better then my Zipp titanium?
Thanks