Tubeless Riders: What's in your saddle bag?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Once again, no levers for me. The new Hutchinson Fusion 5, Mavic Yksion and Zipp Tangente simply don’t need them on any of my rims.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zefs

by zefs

After going tubeless I seem to be carrying tools in case someone else needs them :)

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

I'm going to limit myself purely to the tubeless related stuff, no actual tools.

Worms & tool (Genuine Inovations Tubeless Tackle Kit)
mini-pump (bottle cage mount)
1x CO2 for if the bead comes off the rim
Schrader adapter for if I need to use a gas station pump (keept Tubless Tackle Kit)
extra valve core (keept in Tubeless Tackle Kit)

I do have a pair of tire levers, but only because they also serve as an KMC link remover. I've been running road tubless for about 10 years, I can't remember the last time I actually carried a tube.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

zefs

by zefs

A tire boot is also a good thing to have.
Edit: Also, a valve removal tool.

speedyvelo1

by speedyvelo1

I ride 10k miles a year and I use tubeless since 2009. This is the present setup that had change through the years: I may have one cut a year that make me stop, otherwise the sealant take care of thorn and small cuts.
1. A bottle of sealant (intially Stan's now cafelatex) with a core removal tool.
2. Dynaplug. This is great in one case I use two plugs in the same cut (I did not have the larger dynaplugs).
3. A razor blade or a small swiss army knive to cut the Dynaplug.
4. CO2 inflator I use the Portland Design. You can control very well the flow. The flow has to be low so you do not "coagulate" the sealant. Inially I just inflate to 50 or 60 and ride it for 20 minutes then I can add more. + 16 CO2 cartridge x 1
5. A lezine minipump
6. A valve core just in case I lose it or brake it. I have never need it.