Aero data from 19 wheels by Hambini

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ergott

by ergott

Hambini, it would serve you well to take the high road when you don't like what someone posts. Add them to your ignore list if you like. When you dig into the muck it really makes it hard to take your work seriously.

Your assessment of Damon Rinard is also way off base. Don't make assumptions about people like that. His qualifications go beyond the cycling industry with regards to composites.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

take the high road has a different meaning over here. what ergot means is take the moral high ground. That would probably calm things.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Toby

by Toby

I'm still intrigued by this testing and the theories and effects behind it, but holy hell this thread has become shite.

RyanH

by RyanH

Hambini, it may behoove you to act like an adult rather than a pedantic child on this forum (and others) otherwise someone that you offend might take it upon themselves to print up all of the hate you spew and send it off to the various HR departments that you may be employed under.

In the mean time, I think I still have some more rope for you...

spartacus

by spartacus

RyanH wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:36 am
Hambini, it may behoove you to act like an adult rather than a pedantic child on this forum (and others) otherwise someone that you offend might take it upon themselves to print up all of the hate you spew and send it off to the various HR departments that you may be employed under.

Smack talking on the internet is one thing but doxxing? For shame.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

I do appreciate the effort that Hambini has put into this data set. I find it very difficult to get decient comparative data when it comes to the bike world, and hats off to all of the time sunk into this.

I know error and protocol can grey results, but i agree with the author that when you step back, the trends are there.

I personally was considering some 12k 60mm lightbicycle wheels, yet found zero aero data... until now! And it is good to see them up there (the 58mm older v shaped design) with zipp 404!

RyanH

by RyanH

spartacus wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:55 am
I put that in writing cause I can only hope it gets him to wake up, be an adult and behave. He's already been warned and he doesn't seem to care. I (or the mods) can edit his posts but that's not fair to the victims of his profane attacks. We can ban him outright but I think a lot of users would be upset with that. So, the only thing that I can think of is to remind him of the consequences of inciting so many people like a teenage troll.

Given everything he's said and spewed, is that unfair to suggest that may happen to him? And also, this is way beyond smack talk...

Toby

by Toby

spartacus wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:55 am
RyanH wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:36 am

Oh come off it. Doxxing is the public release of private information such as address, credit report, driver's license, etc. This would be notifying someone of his public comments, posted under his name with no expectation of anonymity. Which is a bit of tattling, but is morally nothing like doxxing. At all.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Hi all - I have just popped in this thread given some of the complaints received.

I greatly respect the knowledge and information that Hambini brings to the forum, but I believe that some of his language and approach to others is over the top. Plenty of ways to disagree politely with others without resorting to insults. I have taken the decision to give him a one week ban. I do very much hope he returns to the forum and contributes - he, like all of you, is welcome to come and contribute, in a respectful manner on WW.

Please address any comments on this topic to me or any of the other mods.

In the meantime, go out and ride your bike folks. We are all on the same side in this, our hobby.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

guyc

by guyc

What an utterly bizarre way to act publicly when you're selling to the public.

yltman

by yltman

Powerful Pete wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:36 am
I have taken the decision to give him a one week ban
I would say it would be a lot better if you ban provocateurs and stooges who took the subject to humiliation of the results and personal attacks. :noidea:
And allow people to talk about test results. It is a shame that hambini can't ignore those people :oops: but if you read carefully what he wrote you can understand why.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

A real shame. Hambini may not have been the most professional in some of his replies, but he's just a bloke doing this for others benefits. If you choose to take what he says as gospel, then that's up to you. Don't cnut him off just because you disagree. Walk the other way and don't read his posts, it's really that simple.

Tanhalt has been a complete d*ck in all of this and constantly antagonised Hambini, pressing his buttons and acting like a child.

It's pathetic.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

robeambro

by robeambro

ryanw wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:40 am
A real shame. Hambini may not have been the most professional in some of his replies, but he's just a bloke doing this for others benefits. If you choose to take what he says as gospel, then that's up to you. Don't cnut him off just because you disagree. Walk the other way and don't read his posts, it's really that simple.

Tanhalt has been a complete d*ck in all of this and constantly antagonised Hambini, pressing his buttons and acting like a child.

It's pathetic.
So if I don't agree with something I must not debate but ignore, otherwise I'm a dick? Interesting point of view..

Bassett

by Bassett

ryanw wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:40 am

It's pathetic.
+1
Thanks for Hambini for all his efforts

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Thanks. I also reported one post because of the wording. I'm sad to see this happen since I find Hambini's test very interesting, but he's crossed the line more than once.

Questioning data and methods even in a very critical manner is ok and very valuable, even more so if it improves understanding for all readers.