Aero data from 19 wheels by Hambini

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
mattr

by mattr

WMW wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:48 pm
Or maybe live in a different country...
one reason my emigration from the UK wasn't to the US.......

hambini

by hambini

mattr wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:58 pm
hambini wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:22 pm
And every friday at 10am the very high tech oven that bakes carbon fibre where I work is used to bake Sausage Rolls.
we used to use one of our heat treatment furnaces to cook breakfast on a Friday.

Bacon, egg, soss, toast and black pudding.

30 seconds at 400 degrees C.

:D
Heart attack on a plate! Having said that, DUnkin donuts are probably worse.
Hambini Aeronautical Engineer, Polluting YouTube since 2016 - views expressed are my own...
Add me ON TWITTER!
Aerodynamic Masterclass in bicycle wheels
I fixed the bottom bracket from hell

by Weenie

Lina

by Lina

robertbb wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:44 am
WMW wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:35 am
robertbb wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:25 am
Seems to me there are people who have... vested interests... doing their best to shut down or discredit a guy who doesn't. I wonder why? :roll:
If you can identify one person who is asking questions who has a vested interest in anything but the truth, let us know, ok?
How about everyone lining Hambini up first discloses (honestly) their employment and/or their commercial ties to a particular outcome?

Including the latest entrant, with a grand total of 2 posts on this forum... :lol:
robertbb wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:15 am
It's actually not you. There is one poster who has 2 posts.
I do not work currently or have I ever worked in past in the bike industry. My only ties to any of the mentioned wheels in the test is that I own one set of Yoeleo and Farsports wheels. Both of which I have paid in full by myself.

Regarding the yaw angles now that my ties to the industry are out there. I did some thinking about the yaw angles and since you did your testing in open roads with cars could that be the source for why your yaw data is so different from everyone else? You mentioned that street furniture, hedges, and cars have an effect on the yaw. I personally don't really feel that hedges and street furniture have a noticeable effect on me while riding unless it's extremely windy. However passing cars do have a pronounced effect, especially if they're large. Obviously I have no data on this whatsoever other than how it feels while riding. Nonetheless if cars passing and coming towards you are the main cause for the extreme yaw angles we see in the data that could explain why other tests don't have the extreme yaws if they're done on closed roads or roads with minimal traffic.

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

hambini wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:15 pm
TOM ANHALT GETS FREE $1000+ WHEELS FROM FLO CYCLING!!
I don't think I need to say anymore. Other than I rest my case.
Well what the hell, I didn't get shit from Flo! :evil: :shock: :? :wink:

IME (many years) of seeing Tom operate he is an equal opportunity antagonist. He's also kinda cheap (which is why he had Flo wheels rather than Zipps or Enves). I'm 100% sure that the reason he is questioning you is *not* because he has Flo wheels. Because anyone who has enough scientific background to discuss this topic would be extremely frustrated by your behaviour. When asked relevant questions regarding your protocol, you respond with diversions, strawmen, ad hominem, name calling, exaggerations, just making shit up, etc.

Will you ever cut the crap and get to the point? Or is this as good as it gets?
formerly rruff...

hambini

by hambini

WMW wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:09 pm
hambini wrote:

IME (many years) of seeing Tom operate he is an equal opportunity antagonist. He's also kinda cheap (which is why he had Flo wheels rather than Zipps or Enves). I'm 100% sure that the reason he is questioning you is *not* because he has Flo wheels. Because anyone who has enough scientific background to discuss this topic would be extremely frustrated by your behaviour. When asked relevant questions regarding your protocol, you respond with diversions, strawmen, ad hominem, name calling, exaggerations, just making shit up, etc.

I'm guessing you voted for Donald Trump?
Hambini Aeronautical Engineer, Polluting YouTube since 2016 - views expressed are my own...
Add me ON TWITTER!

tanhalt

by tanhalt

WMW wrote:
hambini wrote:

Even more ironically, the wheel in question (the replacement for the one I bought which was stolen) is of their original configuration (aluminum/carbon hybrid) and not their latest all-carbon models (which had the extensive CFD modeling input). It's not clear (amongst many other things, of course), but I'm assuming hambone "tested" the latter.

I'm not a fan of all-carbon clincher rim construction, and I've told them that. I think it's a mis-optimization of the component.

hambini

by hambini

tanhalt wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:20 pm
WMW wrote:
hambini wrote:

Even more ironically, the wheel in question (the replacement for the one I bought which was stolen) is of their original configuration (aluminum/carbon hybrid) and not their latest all-carbon models (which had the extensive CFD modeling input). It's not clear (amongst many other things, of course), but I'm assuming hambone "tested" the latter.

I'm not a fan of all-carbon clincher rim construction, and I've told them that. I think it's a mis-optimization of the component.
SHILL.

For the non NOrth Americans amongst us. The definition

"an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others."
Add me ON TWITTER!

tanhalt

by tanhalt

hambini wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:27 pm
SHILL.
You continually shouting that doesn't make it true...and doesn't change the fact that you refuse to answer even the simplest questions about your data gathering.

I'm sure all of this is helping increase your blog post and youtube channel clicks though... :roll:

hambini

by hambini

tanhalt wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:38 pm

You continually shouting that doesn't make it true...and doesn't change the fact that you refuse to answer even the simplest questions about your data gathering.
Did you vote for Donald Trump as well?
Add me ON TWITTER!

tanhalt

by tanhalt

hambini wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:51 pm
tanhalt wrote:

Did you vote for Brexit?

hambini

by hambini

tanhalt wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:53 pm
hambini wrote:
tanhalt wrote:

Did you vote for Brexit?
I'm warming to your humour. :thumbup:
Add me ON TWITTER!

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

hambini wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:19 pm
I'm guessing you voted for Donald Trump?
:shock: Uh... no. :shock: But frankly our politics have descended to such a level of absurdity that I don't waste any brain cells paying attention to it. So if there is a joke there, it's over my head.
formerly rruff...

Ed72

by Ed72

hambini wrote:
tanhalt wrote:

I voted for him, I own lots of powerful vehicles, tons of guns, and FLO wheels. 3 out 4 ain't bad.

hambini

by hambini

Ed72 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:14 pm
hambini wrote:
tanhalt wrote:

I voted for him, I own lots of powerful vehicles, tons of guns, and FLO wheels. 3 out 4 ain't bad.
I could tell... It's something out of 3 not 4 :D
Last edited by hambini on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add me ON TWITTER!

by Weenie

beeatnik

by beeatnik

hambini wrote:
tanhalt wrote:

Hambini, I like your style.

Have you registered over at the Paceline Forum?