Campag Bora wheels?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wilwil

by wilwil

Have there been any other updates to the braking surface before the AC3 which I think came out this year? Did I see that Boras are going to be wider and more U shaped or was it a dream?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

In 2015 they became wider, from 20.5mm to 24.2mm (outside width). The brake track changed a bit to the “Diamanté”. Graphics moved to a water transfer decal. And the spoke nipples were moved from internal to external. Very slight thread pitch change in the adjusting cone and a slightly larger flange as well. Only change since then has been the AC3 brake track. No other changes forthcoming that I’m aware of.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

Still trying to kill my old ultra 2. After approx 60000km and 2 crashes at 85kg. Never touched them or even serviced the hub (shame on me).

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I still have two sets of Ultra Twos. Same thing. True as the day I got ‘em.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

wilwil

by wilwil

I thought I had read something
https://www.campagnolo.com/UK/en/CampyW ... ora_wheels
I have 2015 Bora 35 clinchers that I bought when they came out and was thinking about some 50 clinchers to replace my Bora 50 tubulars which I bought in 2010 and hardly ever use.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok, yes... if you’re talking about the new WTO Boras. But those aren’t replacing the 35 and 50 profiles. Rather, they’re even deeper profiles at 60 and 77mm I believe. Clincher only as well. I suppose you might want to consider those if you’re building an all out aero machine for Triathlon type stuff. Clincher only. So go fast in a straight line kind of thing.
And if it’s clinchers you want, you can get those in the 50mm Boras now, which you couldn’t back in 2010.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Here's the rim profile of the TT-specific WTO front wheel. The WTO wheels also has a new aero spoke profile. We may see the spokes trickle down to the other Bora whees...