Vittoria Rubino Pro Speed G+

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Alumen

by Alumen

Hi there, does someone has experience with this tyre please ?

Seems to be lightweight and with a very low rolling resistance for a clincher.

Though the tyre doesn't have any puncture protection, lightweight + low rolling resistance seems like a good combination for races and TT's.

The thing is, there are not much customer reviews out there. But the ones out there are very positive. Hence I am surprised that the visibility of this tyre on the market is so low...

Cheers.
CAAD 13 Disc
CAAD 10 2015 R.I.P.
Kona Kahuna

28, the real 25

mrlobber

by mrlobber

For general riding, I'd still run Turbo Cottons, lower rolling resistance and proven comfort and (relative) mileage.

That said, after Damon Rinard commented that on the new Cannondale wheels they found Rubino Pro Speeds the fastest tire (rolling + aero), bought a pair for my TT bike to run on a full Ironman bike leg.

They held up fine and theoretically weren't too slow either - the conditions were very variable so hard to assess Crr and aero effect. Will check the performance on an upcoming 25km TT in a couple of weeks, which will give more insights.

And they're twice cheaper than Turbo Cottons.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alumen

by Alumen

Right, that's why they caught my attention over the Turbo Cottons and some other alternatives...

Yes, please keep me posted as I am planning to use them for a TT race soon as well.
CAAD 13 Disc
CAAD 10 2015 R.I.P.
Kona Kahuna

28, the real 25