Need quality training wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vanmatthew

by vanmatthew

What do you consider lightweight?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Well I put a life time warranty against fatigue failures on mine so hunt should have more confidence in there wheels. I ship "free" to the US too.

While I don't break my wheels in holes other have. I have a constant stream of wheels that have been bashed for repair and they must have taken a really big impact. The roads in the u. K have got that bad you really should ride a mtb on the road. Some people colnago hit holes heavy whereas other hit the same hole light. It has little to do with rider weight either.

Everything even bora's can break if the tyre bottoms out.

MikeD

by MikeD

Anyone buy wheels from http://www.velomine.com/? My son bought some wheels with Ultegra hubs, DT spokes, and Velocity Quill rims, cheaper than I could have built these wheels myself. They were a little out of true out of the box and appeared to be machine built because they had hex head spoke nipples.

RyanH

by RyanH

I have, mine were overtensioned but they worked. My friend has bought a few of those wheels in particular. He's broken a few spokes and now usually had them retensioned.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Noctiluxx wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:16 am
Hi, I ride 150-200 miles per week on terrible Southern California pavements and would like a robust wheel that can take a large burden of my premium wheels. My current wheels are two pairs of Bora Ultra 50 clinchers and DT Swiss Spline 28mm Mon Chasseral. Looking for something lightweight, tubeless, and robust. My budget is about $1000. What do you recommend?

Here where i ride roads are terrible as well.. U cant imagine how bad they are... And most of the time (9 months in year at least), im on my Bora 35 or Bota 50 Tubulars.. And really no need for any maintence until now.. They seem to be very robust...

For bad weather months, i use my Shamal Ultra Clinchers... On this wheelset i hit a rock (and go pinch flat from that, gruoup ride and first in the row did not show the rock), and i needed retruing and replacing of two spokes (they were twisted while truing so wanted to change them for peace of mind). Otherwise also very robust....