Vittoria Rubino Pro IV G+ Tubular...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

Im wondering how good are those tires... I found them cheap, and similar price to Continental Sprinter.

So does anyone have experience with them? And are they latex or butyl inner tube?

Is Conti Sprinter still better buy then this for all around riding? (Spinters are like 5 eur cheaper then this, so almost same price)

How do they compare to Corsa G+ tubs?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Judging by the product specs it'll be a butyl tube (latex tubes appear green in the corsa cross sections). The clinchers test a little bit faster than the Grand Prix tyres so I'd suggest the tubulars should also be a little bit faster.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

LouisN

by LouisN

It looks like a replacement for the old Corsa Elite. Same targeted price. Although the "IV" isn't mentioned anywhere, even on the Vittoria website.,..
I had mixed performances with the Corsa Elites. I would try the Rubino thoug, at that price. I probably will buy a few 25 mm's and try them next season. Wish they made some 28 mm in tubular version.

Louis :)

3Pio

by 3Pio

LouisN wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:29 am
It looks like a replacement for the old Corsa Elite. Same targeted price. Although the "IV" isn't mentioned anywhere, even on the Vittoria website.,..
I had mixed performances with the Corsa Elites. I would try the Rubino thoug, at that price. I probably will buy a few 25 mm's and try them next season. Wish they made some 28 mm in tubular version.

Louis :)
At the end i got nice price on Corsa G+, and order that tires instead of Rubino :) Seem that i really like Corsa G+ tires.. After first pair lasted only 2000 km, on last Corsa G+ i ride just a little less pressure and that seem to help to last longer, ride better and also have very good traction and comfort. 3000 km on last pair, and still no punctures, and probably will last at least another 1000 for the rear, and probably 2000-3000 for the front. Btw im 72 kg at a moment, and i use 7.3 7.6 (someone will say too much pressure, but after experimenting i found my perfect pressure for this tires)

As a cheap and reliable alternative tubs (but riding as garden hose), i still ride Conti Sprinter (have only 1500 km on them), so when i wear out those, dont know.. Maybe i'll try Conti Competition, Maybe Rubino, maybe i'll stick to Corsa G+ for all ridings...

If i compare Corsa G+ to Conti Sprinter in term of comfort, grip, feeling... 10 goes for Corsa G+, 4 goes to Conti Sprinter...