Best price for Bora Ultra 50 clinchers?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Hey guys,

I'm looking to add a second pair of Bora Ultra 50 clinchers, this time in bright colors for my De Rosa SK Pininfarina. Merlin Cycles, where I purchased my first set, no longer has any BU's in stock. Bike24 has them for around $2400, while Starbike, with WW discount, is about $2500. All other legit places have them over $3K. Any other choices? Thanks!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

fluffandstuff

by fluffandstuff

PBK seem to offer them for 2000 usd, but you need to pay customs i think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

fluffandstuff wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:37 pm
PBK seem to offer them for 2000 usd, but you need to pay customs i think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those guys seem pretty shady. Anyways, I ended up ordering the Bora Ultra 50 AC3 clinchers from Bike24 for 2040 Euros ($2377)
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

AJS914

by AJS914

PBK is shady? I've had good service from them recently.

bilwit

by bilwit

I've had a weird/bad experience with PBK in the past but I've gone back to them a few times over the last few months and had no issues. Hard to beat some of the deals they have on there too.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

bilwit wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:01 pm
I've had a weird/bad experience with PBK in the past but I've gone back to them a few times over the last few months and had no issues. Hard to beat some of the deals they have on there too.
Bike24 price pretty much matched PBK but with a bonus of having a peace of mind.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I paid $1968 for my Bora 35 Ultra non-AC3 from Wiggle but I had to pay 10% duty on top of $1968. I paid 1,394 EUR for my Bora 50 One non-AC3 from Starbike but I paid $0 duty. It seems the duty is based on which shipped is used. Perhaps Bike24 is the safer bet if the price is the same as PBK.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com