Viewspeed S4F skewer with Columbus minimal 1" fork

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nex

by nex

On viewspeeds site, they say that the fork dropout must be thicker that 1/4 inch. I'm out of town so unable to measure, but would like to place an order for the skewers. Anyone have any experience with this setup or a measurement sheet for the Columbus minimal?

sungod

by sungod

i've got an old minimal stashed away, if no one else responds i'll try and measure it when i get a chance

presumably this relates to the depth of the tab on one side of the skewer, from memory the dropouts don't look any skinnier than others, doubt you'll have a problem, even if you did you can just grind a bit off the tab

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nex

by nex

sungod wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:42 pm
i've got an old minimal stashed away, if no one else responds i'll try and measure it when i get a chance

presumably this relates to the depth of the tab on one side of the skewer, from memory the dropouts don't look any skinnier than others, doubt you'll have a problem, even if you did you can just grind a bit off the tab
Here's a link to the sales page: https://www.shop.view-speed.com/View-Sp ... 900-S4.htm
The S4 skewers ONLY fit fork tines and dropouts that are thicker than 1/4 inch (6.35mm) such as those found on many bicycles like my Cervélo P3C where they work great.
And thanks for offering to measure it!

sungod

by sungod

i just measured it, the clamping area of the dropouts is about 6.8mm, so you have clearance

nex

by nex

sungod wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:34 am
i just measured it, the clamping area of the dropouts is about 6.8mm, so you have clearance
Thanks! Appreciate the help.