Rotor Rvolver Hubs - Reviews?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Did a search here and some googling but haven’t really come up with anything discussing the performance of these hubs. I am keen to build up a pair of wheels using the AForce Al33 rims and recently saw these on sale. That alone should probably tell me something but it doesn’t appear to have been much take up of Rotors other products, including the group set, so could just as easily be a popularity thing for lack of sales and information.

I have been riding with a Kappius 1.5 rear hub and I really like the near instant engagement. While I don’t believe it has a performance benefit, I do enjoy the way it rides and feels, especially coming out of a corner. The drivetrain feels a lot smoother to me. While I’m happy to go the tried and tested route of say White Industries, I have been looking at other high engagement or instant engagement options. Onyx hubs were top of my list for a while, although let down by weight and rear hub geometry. Industry9 is another option as well. However I could potentially get two sets of the Rotor Rvolver hubs for the price of one set of Onyx hubs, or probably less actually.

Has anyone here ridden on them? Is the engagement instant in real world use? Did they build up ok?

The straight and J-bend spoke combo is an interesting choice as well.

Keen to hear others thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com