Light Bicycle wheel rims?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
floriansantana

by floriansantana

MrRolandos wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:39 pm
floriansantana wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:33 pm
I’m planning to buy a pair of LB wheels specifically the FALCON PRO AR55 version. Is the rim completely black or is there the LB logo decal on the rim? If it’s on, can it be removed or is it under the clear coating?

The wheelset is available as a quick buy option and the website says it ships within 3 days. Has anyone used the quick buy option? How long does shipping to Europe normally take with the pre paid tax shipping option?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.
Custom can get you anyhing, my AR55 Pro are without any decal because I dind want them to have one.
Awesome, I love the look of yours. That’s exactly what I want, but not sure which one is available as a quick buy in stock wheelset. It just says „Rims: Standard, hook, paintless, UD, 5-year warranty, with access holes, no drain holes“ on the website. But they should ship within 3 days.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

musiclover

by musiclover

kroem wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:43 pm
Oh well... I guess I pumped too much...
What has actually happened?
Air escaped from tyre inside the rim?..
I have retired from this forum, not wasting any more time here.

kroem

by kroem

musiclover wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:03 pm
kroem wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:43 pm
Oh well... I guess I pumped too much...
What has actually happened?
Air escaped from tyre inside the rim?..
I have no idea, just blew up. I just know that I only have one wheel left during my Vacay in GC 🤯😅
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

morganb

by morganb

How high did you pump it up? I haven't seen a failure like that on these rims before. It looks like the entire rim is destroyed.

kroem

by kroem

morganb wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:11 pm
How high did you pump it up? I haven't seen a failure like that on these rims before. It looks like the entire rim is destroyed.
I was at abt 6.5 when I heard cracking... Yeah the whole rim is f**ked.
Current
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old

Addict15

by Addict15

kroem wrote:
morganb wrote:
Which model was it? And hookless or hooked?

kroem

by kroem

Addict15 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:43 pm
kroem wrote:
morganb wrote:
Which model was it? And hookless or hooked?
AR45 hooked
Current
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old

Maddie

by Maddie

Looks like the whole rim was pressurized before it exploded. Was there a drain hole or pressure relief valve nut?

ms6073

by ms6073

kroem wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:22 pm
morganb wrote:
Can you help us understand why you were inflating tubeless road tires to nearly 95 psi? I susspect this is the kind of problem that Enve's pressure relief valve stem nuts are intended to address.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

kroem

by kroem

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:54 pm
kroem wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:22 pm
morganb wrote:
Can you help us understand why you were inflating tubeless road tires to nearly 95 psi? I susspect this is the kind of problem that Enve's pressure relief valve stem nuts are intended to address.
I don't think I can help you understand ;) But it's the recommend max, and wanted it that way. I don't have floor pump at my hotel and wanted the max in before a ride in the morning.

What's done is done 💸
Current
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old

berest

by berest

pkaro wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:44 pm
kilo wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:19 am
hello, does anyone know when LB is going to do black friday?
"The Black Friday promotion this year on our webshop(lightbicycle.com) starts from November 22th and end up on November 26th"
What is the approx amount of discount/sales do they offer on Black Friday?

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

floriansantana wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:53 pm
MrRolandos wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:39 pm
floriansantana wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:33 pm
I’m planning to buy a pair of LB wheels specifically the FALCON PRO AR55 version. Is the rim completely black or is there the LB logo decal on the rim? If it’s on, can it be removed or is it under the clear coating?

The wheelset is available as a quick buy option and the website says it ships within 3 days. Has anyone used the quick buy option? How long does shipping to Europe normally take with the pre paid tax shipping option?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.
Custom can get you anyhing, my AR55 Pro are without any decal because I dind want them to have one.
Awesome, I love the look of yours. That’s exactly what I want, but not sure which one is available as a quick buy in stock wheelset. It just says „Rims: Standard, hook, paintless, UD, 5-year warranty, with access holes, no drain holes“ on the website. But they should ship within 3 days.
Yeah very happy with them, this is UD, drain holes, with access holes, blank (no decal) I think its paintless (raw carbon) and tubeless setup was really easy

alanyu

by alanyu

pkaro wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:16 pm
Does anyone know how the Lightbicycle AR56 (28mm) rim compares to the Farsports Kaze 58 (28 mm wide) rim, in particular in the rim brake versions?

I'm specifically looking at braking performance and aerodynamic performance and looking at running 25 mm front and 28 mm rear tires (nominal).

Are there any other similar rims I should be looking at? I came across the DUKE BACCARA C SLS2 for example which seems nice but I haven't read many reviews on it
KAZE 58 has better braking performance while AR56 is more aero.

Addict15

by Addict15

kroem wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:48 pm
AR45 hooked
And did it have the access holes in the rim bed? I might have to look into those enve valve stem nuts before trying tubeless otherwise

kroem

by kroem

Addict15 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:08 pm
kroem wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:48 pm
AR45 hooked
And did it have the access holes in the rim bed? I might have to look into those enve valve stem nuts before trying tubeless otherwise
Not sure what holes tbh, it's a "no hole" bed so I guess not. Next time... :)
Current
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com