Light Bicycle wheel rims?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
sirsondre

by sirsondre

I ordered two weeks ago (May 7th) and asked for an update yesterday. They said they should be able to ship the wheels on the 25th of May. Current order status is "sanding" so hopefully they should be able to ship it then.

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

Ivan wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:08 am
I ordered April 23, my wheels were 'finished' late last week and the status just changed to 'shipped' today, but I don't have a tracking number yet. So you have a ways to go.
To give you an idea:
I ordered two rims on 21/03
They were shipped (recieved tracking number) on 13/04
Got a letter from customs on 29/04
I replied to this letter on 02/05
They arrived at my door on 14/05

So basically 2 months.
I was lucky then. Ordered 11th March, shipped by 23rd March, and reached the US by 1st April or so.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rides4beer

by rides4beer

deathbystereo wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:58 am
Hi Guys,

Has anyone had any issues removing tires from the rims? I had some Reynolds Attack wheels and the things were the worst, there was no one that could get the tires away from the side walls.
Zero issues with GP4Ks, GP5Ks, or GPTTs. I've never even had to use a lever. The GPTTs were the tightest, but I also didn't have a chance to lay them in the sun first before mounting them. When I've gotten flats while riding and the tires are nice and warm, they come off and go back on even easier. :thumbup:

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

rides4beer wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:49 pm
deathbystereo wrote:
Hi Guys,

Has anyone had any issues removing tires from the rims? I had some Reynolds Attack wheels and the things were the worst, there was no one that could get the tires away from the side walls.
Zero issues with GP4Ks, GP5Ks, or GPTTs. I've never even had to use a lever. The GPTTs were the tightest, but I also didn't have a chance to lay them in the sun first before mounting them. When I've gotten flats while riding and the tires are nice and warm, they come off and go back on even easier. :thumbup:

Had hell with the 5000 TLs. Next time, will try the warming thingie.

rides4beer

by rides4beer

deepakvrao wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:33 pm
Laying them on the pavement in the sun for a bit really helps. I've read about people putting them in the oven, but not sure I want to go that far. :lol:

BoSoxYacht

by BoSoxYacht

deepakvrao wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:33 pm
rides4beer wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:49 pm
deathbystereo wrote:
Hi Guys,

I've had zero issues mounting Schwalbe G-One Speed tires or Michelin Power Gravel tires on LB 56mm hoops. Both tires inflated easily, using only a standard floor pump.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Schwalbe's new list of compatible wheels for pro ones lists LB 35s and 45s as easy to install and inflatable with a floor pump. This was with 23mm tires. See below.

https://www.schwalbe.com/en/kompatibilitaet.html

Erikerac

by Erikerac

Hi

Does anyone has ever received/try the new Falcom Pro, finish as an Enve SES ?
https://www.lightbicycle.com/700C-road- ... lable.html

I'm looking to build a pure road wheel - not for gravel - with this rim and a WI XMR Disc Hub, to use on my new BMC Roadmachine 01, used in mid and long ride, as well as in short (100/120K) race and climby triathlon (when i can't use my TM01).
But... it looks the 25mm internal is so huge ! I'm a bit surprise that LB recommand a start at 25mm tire when Enve on the SES 4.5 AR (nearly the same) recommand at the very minimum a 28mm tire.

It looks this rim just fit gravel bikes....

sebejo

by sebejo

Erikerac wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:34 pm
Hi

Does anyone has ever received/try the new Falcom Pro, finish as an Enve SES ?
https://www.lightbicycle.com/700C-road- ... lable.html

I'm looking to build a pure road wheel - not for gravel - with this rim and a WI XMR Disc Hub, to use on my new BMC Roadmachine 01, used in mid and long ride, as well as in short (100/120K) race and climby triathlon (when i can't use my TM01).
But... it looks the 25mm internal is so huge ! I'm a bit surprise that LB recommand a start at 25mm tire when Enve on the SES 4.5 AR (nearly the same) recommand at the very minimum a 28mm tire.

It looks this rim just fit gravel bikes....
I have a set on order but not arrived yet. Actually I don't think anyone has them yet as I have been placing the order already days before they have put them on the website (was in discussion with them about this release for a while in advance).
Will post some pics and opinion once here and mounted (GP5KTL 28mm).

Erikerac

by Erikerac

sebejo wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:00 pm
I have a set on order but not arrived yet. Actually I don't think anyone has them yet as I have been placing the order already days before they have put them on the website (was in discussion with them about this release for a while in advance).
Will post some pics and opinion once here and mounted (GP5KTL 28mm).
Ok thanks, wait and see.

Just for me, how do you think you'll fit this rim ? With 28mm or 25mm clincher ?

Beaver

by Beaver

He wrote Conti GP 5000 28mm just above. ;)

25mm tires should be possible though, Enrico here runs 23mm tires on 23mm internal width.

Erikerac

by Erikerac

Beaver wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:21 pm

25mm tires should be possible though, Enrico here runs 23mm tires on 23mm internal width.
Oups sorry, do no understand :oops:

jih

by jih

Erikerac wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:49 pm
Beaver wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:21 pm

Oups sorry, do no understand :oops:
Tyres don't really have a width. They have a bead-to-bead distance. Whatever you mount them on, they'll take on a section of a circle from hook to hook. That can be wider or narrower depending on the width of the rim. 23mm tyre on a 23mm internal width is certainly pushing the limits, but it isnt' impossible.

Erikerac

by Erikerac

That's my question at the moment : LB write it's 25C tire compatible but with an internal 25mm it seems "strange". When for the same internal ENVE recommand no less than 28mm...

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Erikerac wrote:That's my question at the moment : LB write it's 25C tire compatible but with an internal 25mm it seems "strange". When for the same internal ENVE recommand no less than 28mm...
Just guessing bere. Lightbicycle's are hooked which provides extra retention for the tire and a 25 is probably fine for a hooked rim but the 3.4ARs and 4.5ARs are hookless.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com