Light Bicycle wheel rims?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
sirRob

by sirRob

I just received my set ar375 flyweights with Carbon ti hubs and cx sprint spokes on the rear drive side. They came in at 1342g (exactly 10g above the highest claim on their Website). They are very stiff and I really like how they look.
Attachments
A01828F7-C9D1-4C0E-B154-7E9D6CFFEBDE.jpeg

M4lukz

by M4lukz

sirRob wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:41 pm
I just received my set ar375 flyweights with Carbon ti hubs and cx sprint spokes on the rear drive side. They came in at 1342g (exactly 10g above the highest claim on their Website). They are very stiff and I really like how they look.
Quite curious to see how they look on the road (riding), could you share a video of the wheels spinning? The weaving has catched my attention although I don't quite believe the aero claims

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mmendoza87

by mmendoza87

Just want to share my newest Light Bicycle wheels. This is my second wheelset with them. Falcon AR36 rim brake wheelset with Bitex hubs. After about 200km, really impressive for the price (about USD $600 before shipping), and no problems so far dry or wet. Total weight of the wheelset was 1395g before rim tape. GP5000 25c tires measure to 27mm on the rims. Overall happy with the performance and look of the wheels. The total time from order date > shipment date was about 6 weeks. My only negative comment is that the skewers that are included (Novatec) are a little terrible.

Last edited by mmendoza87 on Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

OiseauMouche

by OiseauMouche

Does anyone know which of the hub options are convertible (QR and TA)? I asked Light Bicycle directly and they weren't very helpful.

Specifically, does anyone know whether the Novatec option (D411/D412) could be converted with something like this (ebay link) without serious weight penalties, and whether the DT Swiss 350 option is convertible?

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Could someone provide a link to track the progress of an order? I can't find it anywhere on LB's site but I see people report what production stage their wheel is in. Thanks.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

OiseauMouche wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:40 am
Does anyone know which of the hub options are convertible (QR and TA)? I asked Light Bicycle directly and they weren't very helpful.

Specifically, does anyone know whether the Novatec option (D411/D412) could be converted with something like this (ebay link) without serious weight penalties, and whether the DT Swiss 350 option is convertible?
If you're interested in the DT Swiss 350, the best people to ask is to send an email directly to DT Swiss USA. Even if you aren't living in the U.S. their factory folks are awesome and will answer any technical questions you may have. They will provide you with the part number needed for the conversion. Also keep in mind that DT Swiss just introduced a new 350. The conversion kits may not be the same for both the old and new 350.

pmprego

by pmprego

OiseauMouche wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:40 am

They both should. For novatec lb even allows you to pick between qr and thru axle.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

pdlpsher1 wrote:Could someone provide a link to track the progress of an order? I can't find it anywhere on LB's site but I see people report what production stage their wheel is in. Thanks.
It should be in your email. Image

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Aryeh wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:28 am
pdlpsher1 wrote:Could someone provide a link to track the progress of an order? I can't find it anywhere on LB's site but I see people report what production stage their wheel is in. Thanks.
It should be in your email.
Found it! Thanks!

sirRob

by sirRob

M4lukz wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:00 pm
sirRob wrote:
Quite curious to see how they look on the road (riding), could you share a video of the wheels spinning? The weaving has catched my attention although I don't quite believe the aero claims
The wave is very marginal and so you do not even recognize ist when the wheel is spinning. I did a longer ride with a friend at the weekend and only after we stopped he recognized the waved design.
I did some further measurements: Internal width is 21,8mm and external 28,9mm-30,3mm. Very happy with them so far!

pmprego

by pmprego

sirRob wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:37 pm
M4lukz wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:00 pm
sirRob wrote:
The wave is very marginal and so you do not even recognize ist when the wheel is spinning. I did a longer ride with a friend at the weekend and only after we stopped he recognized the waved design.
I did some further measurements: Internal width is 21,8mm and external 28,9mm-30,3mm. Very happy with them so far!
Which tires are you using? What is their measured width? Thanks!

sirRob

by sirRob

At the moment Veloflex Corsas 28 (tubetype). They come in at 29,1mm@5,4bar. But I just ordered some Pirelli pzero race 28, which should be a bit narrower and match the rim even better.

emotive

by emotive

OiseauMouche wrote:Does anyone know which of the hub options are convertible (QR and TA)? I asked Light Bicycle directly and they weren't very helpful.

I’ve purchased Hope hubs with QR from LB on my first wheelset, and Dt350 with TA on my second wheelset. At the same time I ordered Hope TA adaptors and DT Swiss QR adaptors from LB so I can swap wheelsets between bikes.

aejt

by aejt

aejt wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:52 am
One of the WR50 rims in my order has gone from processing to molding today. The other one is still in processing though, I'm unsure of if that's because only one of them was flyweight, or if the other one is also about to start being manufactured soon.

My order is from the 14th of May, so closing in to a month. How long does the manufactoring process take once it has started? I think the 14 weeks estimate (i.e. late August) I was given seems quite pessimistic now if the second rim also starts moving soon, I can't imagine that it takes another 11 weeks once the manufacturing has started?
Shouldn't have said anything. It moved to CNC Machining last week, but then reverted to Material Prepare where it's been stuck since about a week ago. Second rim is still stuck on Processing.

pmprego

by pmprego

Has anyone gone hookless for road around here? Any feedback? Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com