Light Bicycle wheel rims?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
alcatraz

by alcatraz

Cool. My friend says there is quite a lot of space.

Those calipers are direct mount though. That could be different.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Im looking to buy some gravel/cx wheels for my CX bike, which hub is the loudest in the Lightbicycle options?

Thanks!

bilwit

by bilwit

Mcdeez wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:38 pm
Im looking to buy some gravel/cx wheels for my CX bike, which hub is the loudest in the Lightbicycle options?

Thanks!
Probably Chris King or Industry Nine followed by Carbon-Ti, the latter being much lighter but also probably not recommended for gravel/CX. The other two are better suited to take potential beatings (both have MTB-focused pedigree).

Also worth mentioning that with all hubs, the less (or more worn) lubricant the louder it is and conversely, the more lubed, the quieter it is so if you get one of these already built up and it sounds muted, it will wear into the sound you're looking for.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

bilwit wrote:
Mcdeez wrote:

Thanks!
Probably Chris King or Industry Nine followed by Carbon-Ti, the latter being much lighter but also probably not recommended for gravel/CX. The other two are better suited to take potential beatings (both have MTB-focused pedigree).

Also worth mentioning that with all hubs, the less (or more worn) lubricant the louder it is and conversely, the more lubed, the quieter it is so if you get one of these already built up and it sounds muted, it will wear into the sound you're looking for.
Yeah i Know about the lube, ive just never experienced any if those hubs, only dt swiss that was on a bontrager set

I wont chose the most expensive ones ex: chris king since its gonna be for gravel/cx

Wonder how loud the dt swiss 240 exp are

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

My AR55 Pro's are finished! Setup with Pirelli P Zero Race TLR. Hopefully gonna receive and try them out on the road this weekend :thumbup:

SiGNAL

by SiGNAL

Hey guys,

Anyone of you managed to change an order with Light Bicycle? I've ordered my set of AR45 however was thinking of swapping the carbon ti hubs to dt swiss hubs but they dont respond to email, then i realised on the order status page, it says you are not allowed to change or cancel the order, surely it can't be that hard to change the order....

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Mcdeez wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:35 am
Yeah i Know about the lube, ive just never experienced any if those hubs, only dt swiss that was on a bontrager set

I wont chose the most expensive ones ex: chris king since its gonna be for gravel/cx

Wonder how loud the dt swiss 240 exp are
I have DT240EXPs on my AR56s, since they come stock with the 36t ratchet, they're louder than my DT350s w/18t ratchet. Not obnoxious, but people can def hear me when I freewheel. :thumbup:

Be aware, there is a possible engagement issue with early batches of the EXP hubs, DT Swiss will fix the issue (new ratchet & freehub), just have to check the serial number when you get them. Or possibly have LB check the serial number and ask that they only give you a hub that has a 1 in the middle digit of three numbers in the middle of the serial number.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

My Carbon-Ti rear hub from Light-Bicycle had a bit too much grease. Coasting induce the crank to turn significantly more than my other Novatec set.
Carbon-Ti Straight-pull rear hub need partial disassembly to lace the spokes. So I think when they re-assemble the hub they added some grease to the freehub body pawls and ratchets.

I disassemble and remove all the grease there, replace it with some drops of Krytox GPL 105 oil and now coasting on bike stand induce less crank turning.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Are 350 hubs easy interchangeble form 142mm to QR135mm?

They dont seems have the QR option onless its Novatec, i dont want Novatec

bilwit

by bilwit

Hexsense wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:59 pm
My Carbon-Ti rear hub from Light-Bicycle had a bit too much grease. Coasting induce the crank to turn significantly more than my other Novatec set.
Carbon-Ti Straight-pull rear hub need partial disassembly to lace the spokes. So I think when they re-assemble the hub they added some grease to the freehub body pawls and ratchets.

I disassemble and remove all the grease there, replace it with some drops of Krytox GPL 105 oil and now coasting on bike stand induce less crank turning.
mine came like that too, I just let it wear through though

Cubist

by Cubist

bilwit wrote:
Mcdeez wrote:

Thanks!

My Carbon-Ti hubs are so loud that I want to grease them. It hurts my ears just turning the freehub.

okMX

by okMX

MrRolandos wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 9:58 pm

My AR55 Pro's are finished! Setup with Pirelli P Zero Race TLR. Hopefully gonna receive and try them out on the road this weekend :thumbup:
Looking good, which finish did you choose, is it glossy or satin?

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

okMX wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:41 am
MrRolandos wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 9:58 pm

Looking good, which finish did you choose, is it glossy or satin?
These are the AR55 Pro's, you can only choose 1 finish. The UD one :-)
https://www.lightbicycle.com/700C-road- ... lable.html

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

How are the novatec D412sb? Are they loud?

okMX

by okMX

MrRolandos wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 1:47 pm
These are the AR55 Pro's, you can only choose 1 finish. The UD one :-)
https://www.lightbicycle.com/700C-road- ... lable.html
Thx mate, the finish is "paintless" good to know, I only knew glossy, matte and satin up to now. Have fun riding with this wheelset! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com