Light Bicycle wheel rims?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

My AR55 Pro are finally done. Now waiting for shipment... Ordered on 25/3 so about a month in. Hopefully they ship them with plane so that would be about 2 weeks! :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NickJHP

by NickJHP

I just built my third pair of wheels using LB rims. These ones used their AR28 wide (22mm internal) disc rims, Newmen Fade 28h straightpull hubs, and CX-Ray spokes. Weight of the built wheels ~1380g. Total cost for the wheel components just over €800.

I've had zero problems with all three pairs of wheels. The other two pairs I've had in use for two or three years and they've both done considerable distance.

scatsob

by scatsob

Got my wheels yesterday and opened them up today. Very impressed with the quality for the price paid, they are beautiful. Had difficulty mounting cold GP5000’s but a little time in the sun solved the issue. Can’t wait to try them out on my commute tomorrow morning.

WR50/65 glossy 12k DT350 CX Ray 28h f/r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aryeh

by Aryeh

scatsob wrote:Got my wheels yesterday and opened them up today. Very impressed with the quality for the price paid, they are beautiful. Had difficulty mounting cold GP5000’s but a little time in the sun solved the issue. Can’t wait to try them out on my commute tomorrow morning.

What happens when you mix Falcon Pro and regular Falcon wheels? Are both rims the same?

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Wow, I used to worry if 45mm will be too deep of a rim depth many years ago.
Now my eyes calibrated for deep rim and the 50mm now look shallow! You sure that isn't 45 or 35?
The 65mm one simply looks better.

scatsob

by scatsob

Aryeh wrote:
scatsob wrote:Got my wheels yesterday and opened them up today. Very impressed with the quality for the price paid, they are beautiful. Had difficulty mounting cold GP5000’s but a little time in the sun solved the issue. Can’t wait to try them out on my commute tomorrow morning.

What happens when you mix Falcon Pro and regular Falcon wheels? Are both rims the same?
I think they are different in the molding process??? I just know it was more expensive so I asked for a non-Pro WR50 because it’s 9.9/10ths to me. I agree the 50 looks shallow, but I wanted to not get blown all over the road, though that would probably just have been in my mind...

Aryeh

by Aryeh

scatsob wrote:
Aryeh wrote:

I think they are different in the molding process??? I just know it was more expensive so I asked for a non-Pro WR50 because it’s 9.9/10ths to me. I agree the 50 looks shallow, but I wanted to not get blown all over the road, though that would probably just have been in my mind...

You can get pro size rims in non pro version?

scatsob

by scatsob

Aryeh wrote:
scatsob wrote:
Aryeh wrote:

You can get pro size rims in non pro version?
Yup, just have to ask and they will do it.

Nodejs53

by Nodejs53

New ar 46 wheelset from eu warehouse at home !
Mounted with schwalbe pro one 28mm tubeless tire, 300g less for the bike 😁
Have buy the wheelset this weekend and received them yesterday so pretty quick !

uquality

by uquality

jlok wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:41 am
4 months!...

LB promised me to ship the wheelset out within this week. Can't wait!

edit: wheels finally shipped !_!. 9 weeks since order to ship out.
Checked my records. I ordered the wheels on January 7.
They were shipped via EMS to Canada 22 days ago.
I'm expecting them any day now, which will put them just under the 4 month mark.
I'm sure I'm going to love the wheels, but I'm also glad I wasn't in a hurry to build.
None of the off the shelf wheel options I looked at in the same price range were anywhere close to being as nice.

scatsob

by scatsob

uquality wrote:None of the off the shelf wheel options I looked at in the same price range were anywhere close to being as nice.
Word, the quality is unbelievable at the price point. Highly recommend the 12k option if going custom, absolutely beautiful. Dropped 45 seconds off the 20k leg of the local sprint tri today, but it’s probably all in my mind and not the wheels haha.

jas0nt

by jas0nt

scatsob wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:09 pm
uquality wrote:None of the off the shelf wheel options I looked at in the same price range were anywhere close to being as nice.
Word, the quality is unbelievable at the price point. Highly recommend the 12k option if going custom,

Did you have to email them to get that finish? Their webpage only appears to allow Paintless/UD finishing.

scatsob

by scatsob

jas0nt wrote:
scatsob wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:09 pm
Word, the quality is unbelievable at the price point. Highly recommend the 12k option if going custom,

Did you have to email them to get that finish? Their webpage only appears to allow Paintless/UD finishing.
I think gloss 12k is an option without emailing but in did email because I wanted WR50 in non-pro. They will do matte/satin/glossy on UD/3K/12K, just choose your poison. I originally did satin but changed to glossy as the bike is glossy and wanted it to match, which it does.

RDY

by RDY

Anyone who has regular contact with LB know if an AR565 is coming?

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Does anyone know if its possible to get a pro WR65?

Edit: I just ordered a single WR65 non pro but with the pro decal and satin vertical twill finish so it hopefully matches my WR50 set that I already own. Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com