Light Bicycle wheel rims?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Saffronspokes

by Saffronspokes

scatsob wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:48 am
uquality wrote:Been waiting forever for my WR38, WR50 to be built... hopefully get them in a couple of week.

Anyone run the new width of Conti 5000 30C on the WR's? I'm curious how wide it is on the rim.
Or, I guess is anyone running Conti 5000 32C and have the width measurement?
Has your WR50 been stuck in “CNC Machining” for the last three weeks like mine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 32mm Continental GP5000s came up at 34.6mm on my WR38s

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mashiehood

by mashiehood

i have become a bit of a LB wheels fanboy:

AR56 with Novatec Hubs - wheelset from LB
WR38/50mm rims onto DT Swiss 180 hubs - built by me
AR46 Pro onto Carbon Ti rims - rims received last week via fedex only 6 weeks wait from order to delivery. Built by me
2x MTB wheelsets AM rims 38mm wide builts onto Extralite Hubs - built by me

So in short, lots of wheels for many options, but now that i have the AR46 wheels, im thinking of selling the AR56 wheels due to my size and weight (5'8 64kg dont need deep rims) so if anyone is interested drop me a note.

Pictures to follow....

uquality

by uquality

scatsob wrote:
uquality wrote:Been waiting forever for my WR38, WR50 to be built... hopefully get them in a couple of week.

Anyone run the new width of Conti 5000 30C on the WR's? I'm curious how wide it is on the rim.

Yup. But today, 4 months after ordering them, I finally got a shipping notice. I wonder how long for EMS to get them to Canada?
It says 2-3 weeks but possibly more.
I'm not going to be riding until May. Ugh.

scatsob

by scatsob

jlok wrote:
scatsob wrote:

Mine has just gone to "Sanding" today from CNC. I think ours are in the same batch?
Probably, they must to massive batches. Mine are still in CNC but fingers crossed. They said they should be done by middle of April so I guess they have another week.

taenojin

by taenojin

taenojin wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:59 am
rides4beer wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:14 pm
taenojin wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:05 pm
I bought R45 with DT Swiss 350 hub (rim brakes) on Feb 10. "Shipped" March 1, got tracking information on March 8, and received March 23 East Coast USA.

My only concern is that the freehub is draggin in the trainer. it slows down at a much faster rate than my training wheels. Should I be concerned or is there anything I can do about this?

Also when I spin rear wheel on trainer, it doesn't make a uniform sound and wobbles up and down. Again, should I be concerned or is there anything I should do about this? spokes seem fine (they mostly sound the same when i tap them spinning, and the rim spins uniform at lower speeds). Could it be the tube? Again, should I be concerned or is there anything I should do about this? I dont notice it when riding, but I did have problems shifting (almost like the wheel moved from the quick release) after a two hour tempo session in the rain at 20-25 mph.

Other than that, They have about 100 miles already and I really like them. I put 25mm Continental GP5000 (relatively easy to mount, almost didnt use tire lever). They're fast and light. Braking has been pretty good thus far.

I took them out yesterday in the rain on a 800m decent (about 1 hour). I was nervous because everyone says you wont brake well, but didn't think there was much difference from my aluminum brakes. however I didnt go over 25mph for more than 2 minutes just in case.

I can post video/pics if anyone wants. They're on a 2014 CAAD10.
Was that from China or the North American warehouse? Waiting on my shipping info to update once it hits UPS, hate this part. :lol:

My DT freehubs have always been a lil draggy, just how they are, haven't noticed any affects on performance. It'll get a lil better after they break in, but even a set of DT350 hubs that I have with over 10,000 miles on them still do it a lil bit. The sound isn't uniform either, I think it's the way the springs work with engaging the ratchets, always a bit of an oscillating sound. The wheel shouldn't wobble tho, someting sounds off there, either with the tire/tube, or the wheel itself. Cassette tight? QR? I'd def look into that more.
They were from China warehouse. Thanks for the info re: DT Swiss Hubs. Will recheck the tube and cassette.
Update: no more wobble. the tire was not properly seated (mae culpa). Rolls great now.

rides4beer

by rides4beer

taenojin wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:31 pm
Update: no more wobble. the tire was not properly seated (mae culpa). Rolls great now.
Good to hear!

okMX

by okMX

Hey guys,

I'm really interested in the "700C-FALCON-wheelset WR65-32mm wide-65mm deep" and I'd love to pair it with the "Schwalbe Pro One TL" in 32.

Is there by any chance a user who owns a Canyon CF Ultimate Disc and has experiences with this wheelset? I'm pretty sure the Schwalbe would fit on a "normal" rim but I'm not sure about this particular wide wheelset and the Ultimate Disc.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Cubist

by Cubist

Ordered my AR55 Pro Falcon normal weight, internal spoke nipples, carbon ti hubs and drain holes on 20/02. Shipped today 07/04.

emotive

by emotive

okMX wrote:Hey guys,

I'm really interested in the "700C-FALCON-wheelset WR65-32mm wide-65mm deep" and I'd love to pair it with the "Schwalbe Pro One TL" in 32.

Is there by any chance a user who owns a Canyon CF Ultimate Disc and has experiences with this wheelset? I'm pretty sure the Schwalbe would fit on a "normal" rim but I'm not sure about this particular wide wheelset and the Ultimate Disc.

Pro One TL in 32 mounted on WR65 will measure ~34mm.

According to this thread they will fit on your Ultimate Disc viewtopic.php?t=148877

okMX

by okMX

emotive wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:37 pm
okMX wrote:Hey guys,

Pro One TL in 32 mounted on WR65 will measure ~34mm.

According to this thread they will fit on your Ultimate Disc viewtopic.php?t=148877
Thanks for the information, I will give it a try and let you guys know if there is enough space. I'm planning to order the wheelset in the coming weeks. :wink:

morganb

by morganb

mashiehood wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:08 pm

AR46 Pro onto Carbon Ti rims - rims received last week via fedex only 6 weeks wait from order to delivery. Built by me

So in short, lots of wheels for many options, but now that i have the AR46 wheels, im thinking of selling the AR56 wheels due to my size and weight (5'8 64kg dont need deep rims) so if anyone is interested drop me a note.

Pictures to follow....
How is cassette/rotor (if disc) spacing between the Carbon Ti and DT hubs. Do you need to adjust your derailleur/brake when switching between wheelsets?

mashiehood

by mashiehood

morganb wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:45 pm
mashiehood wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:08 pm

Pictures to follow....
How is cassette/rotor (if disc) spacing between the Carbon Ti and DT hubs. Do you need to adjust your derailleur/brake when switching between wheelsets?
yep everytime, it just becomes a habit after a while

Addict15

by Addict15

Just ordered a set of AR55 Flyweight DT 240 exp sapim cx ray, now the wait begins!

I hope the disc spacing is similar to my current wheels, but I'll use shims behind the rotors if they aren't

Aryeh

by Aryeh

They just announced a new hexacomb design on InstagramImageImageImage

emotive

by emotive

Quite a tasteful finish. Not too loud. I would give this a go on my next wheelset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com