Light Bicycle wheel rims?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Oggyyy

by Oggyyy

Email this morning after nearly 3 months saying they are lost..... :(

No mention of refund but said they will re do them and send them again but nt sure I want to wait another 3 months again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TwiggyForest

by TwiggyForest

Oggyyy wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:40 am
Email this morning after nearly 3 months saying they are lost..... :(

No mention of refund but said they will re do them and send them again but nt sure I want to wait another 3 months again.
I would either ask for a refund, or a discount and rush on the build. The worst they will do is say no

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

FLtrooper wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:29 pm
Alright.. just ordered some WR45’s with Bitex hubs for my Inflight and a tri spoke wheel for my Speed Concept.

Let’s see how long this takes!

:)
FYI I place an order September 5 for WR50's and they arrived today. Almost two months. Not fast, but not terrible. Took 6 weeks for LB to make the wheels and just 6 days for the shipping process.

These things are really wide. 32.65mm. My 28mm Corsas look like they don't give the rim enough protection. The 30mm I put on the back looks like a better fit even though the combo is not optimal for aero.

1350 grams for the wheelset. (Falcon Pro, Carbon Ti, flyweight) :thumbup:
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:14 pm
FLtrooper wrote:
Alright.. just ordered some WR45’s with Bitex hubs for my Inflight and a tri spoke wheel for my Speed Concept.

FYI I place an order September 5 for WR50's and they arrived today. Almost two months. Not fast, but not terrible. Took 6 weeks for LB to make the wheels and just 6 days for the shipping process.

These things are really wide. 32.65mm. My 28mm Corsas look like they don't give the rim enough protection. The 30mm I put on the back looks like a better fit even though the combo is not optimal for aero.

Right on… thanks for the information!

I’ve got some 35mm and 40mm terra speeds I plan to use on these so it sourness like they should be a nice fit.

:beerchug:

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Another data point for those debating rim depth with regard to handling in the wind. I had my first day in windy condition on my WR50's. Winds were gusting into the high 20's so not crazy but still enough wind to expect a challenge. Well, I felt almost nothing. I could not believe how unaffected the bike was. When I felt something, it was a gradual build up and a gradual release.

Worth noting that I am 76kg (170lb), and the tire on the front is a 28mm that measures 31.3mm and the rim is 32mm wide.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

flooffypie

by flooffypie

Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:14 pm
FLtrooper wrote:

Ordered mine on Thursday (4 Nov), and it's at the building stage already.
I've been talking to one of the sales representative via WeChat and communication is amazing. She told me what's in stock at the moment so that I can save time on my build (that's if you're ok without going full custom)

We'll see how long it takes to be built and then shipped (I went with EMS)

Also, Black Friday sales are coming up really soon if anyone is wanting to purchase from LB

floriansantana

by floriansantana

I’m planning to buy a pair of LB wheels specifically the FALCON PRO AR55 version. Is the rim completely black or is there the LB logo decal on the rim? If it’s on, can it be removed or is it under the clear coating?

The wheelset is available as a quick buy option and the website says it ships within 3 days. Has anyone used the quick buy option? How long does shipping to Europe normally take with the pre paid tax shipping option?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

Cubist

by Cubist

floriansantana wrote:I’m planning to buy a pair of LB wheels specifically the FALCON PRO AR55 version. Is the rim completely black or is there the LB logo decal on the rim? If it’s on, can it be removed or is it under the clear coating?

The wheelset is available as a quick buy option and the website says it ships within 3 days. Has anyone used the quick buy option? How long does shipping to Europe normally take with the pre paid tax shipping option?

It is a water slide logo. It is on top of the rim. Not sure if it can be removed though. It might be possible to order without a logo with LB.

TamCyclist

by TamCyclist

Mr.Gib wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:40 am
Another data point for those debating rim depth with regard to handling in the wind. I had my first day in windy condition on my WR50's. Winds were gusting into the high 20's so not crazy but still enough wind to expect a challenge. Well, I felt almost nothing. I could not believe how unaffected the bike was. When I felt something, it was a gradual build up and a gradual release.

Worth noting that I am 76kg (170lb), and the tire on the front is a 28mm that measures 31.3mm and the rim is 32mm wide.
Good to know... I got a pair of WR40s coming for my new gravel bike. Was thinking of putting 40mm tires on, but now am considering going 30s and making it my road wheel set, then buying something shallow from them on Black Friday. Good to hear you had no problems though, just wonder if the larger tires will be a difference maker.

Cyclingintherain

by Cyclingintherain

TamCyclist wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:20 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:40 am

Good to know... I got a pair of WR40s coming for my new gravel bike. Was thinking of putting 40mm tires on, but now am considering going 30s and making it my road wheel set, then buying something shallow from them on Black Friday. Good to hear you had no problems though, just wonder if the larger tires will be a difference maker.
I ran my WR38 with 32mm RH tires, measuring 34.5 and crosswinds were noticeable. I changed to a 28mm RH that measures 31.5mm in the front only. Much much better now.

kilo

by kilo

hello, does anyone know when LB is going to do black friday?

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

floriansantana wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:33 pm
I’m planning to buy a pair of LB wheels specifically the FALCON PRO AR55 version. Is the rim completely black or is there the LB logo decal on the rim? If it’s on, can it be removed or is it under the clear coating?

Custom can get you anyhing, my AR55 Pro are without any decal because I dind want them to have one.
Attachments
20210528_173847.jpg

pkaro

by pkaro

kilo wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:19 am
hello, does anyone know when LB is going to do black friday?
"The Black Friday promotion this year on our webshop(lightbicycle.com) starts from November 22th and end up on November 26th"

pkaro

by pkaro

Does anyone know how the Lightbicycle AR56 (28mm) rim compares to the Farsports Kaze 58 (28 mm wide) rim, in particular in the rim brake versions?

I'm specifically looking at braking performance and aerodynamic performance and looking at running 25 mm front and 28 mm rear tires (nominal).

Are there any other similar rims I should be looking at? I came across the DUKE BACCARA C SLS2 for example which seems nice but I haven't read many reviews on it

kroem

by kroem

Oh well... I guess I pumped too much...
Attachments
13201EAA-D96F-4EEF-AB7B-4B02B5B025F2.jpeg
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)