Light Bicycle wheel rims?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Maddie

by Maddie

berest wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:32 pm
What is the approximate shipping cost and time from China to Europe using DHL Express option?

My rims were shipped 13 days ago with EMS, and all these 13 days they've been sitting in China up to now. Next time will ask to ship with another option.
My experience with DHL Express from China is between 3-8 days to Switzerland. It probably depends on the option that the seller is using.

With EMS and the like, you are really in no mans land, especially in November/December with all the Black Friday etc. sales. Plus factor in Covid as well. It can easily take up to 2 months or even more. DHL Express, DPD, TNT Express etc are expensive, but if want your parts in a certain time frame, then that's your only option.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TTRV

by TTRV

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to save a bit of money to get different hubs at the front and rear. Is it ok to put, let's say, a Bitex BX312 at the front and a DTSWISS 240 EXP at the back?
Or is it complete nonsense?

mrlobber

by mrlobber

In case anyone interested, LB also offer discs now:
https://www.lightbicycle.com/WUFO-C21-F ... -Rear.html
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

LeDuke

by LeDuke

TTRV wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to save a bit of money to get different hubs at the front and rear. Is it ok to put, let's say, a Bitex BX312 at the front and a DTSWISS 240 EXP at the back?
A front hub is a shell that holds bearings and has flanges for spokes.

Some hubs may be lighter than others. Some may have better bearings. Some buyers may want their hubs to match.

There are no real technical advantages or disadvantages to mixing hub brands. My wife’s gravel bike runs a 350 front hub and 240 rear; we already had the 240 and the 350 was cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke890r

by Duke890r

Today my wheels arrived ( WR45 -Bitex hubs ) 5 weeks after the order was made.
This is very quick compared to my previous set which took more than 3 months.
They were delivered by DPD ( tax prepaid to belgium )
The wheels were impeccable just like my previous orders.
So only positive feedback for LB !

malizeus

by malizeus

Duke890r wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:50 pm
Today my wheels arrived ( WR45 -Bitex hubs ) 5 weeks after the order was made.
This is very quick compared to my previous set which took more than 3 months.
They were delivered by DPD ( tax prepaid to belgium )
The wheels were impeccable just like my previous orders.
So only positive feedback for LB !
How long did the shipping take.

Could you paste the tracking info here?

Duke890r

by Duke890r

They were shipped 3/12 but according to the tracking they are still in China. Their tracking is rather slow.
On the site of DPD the tracking was more accurate.

malizeus

by malizeus

Duke890r wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:02 pm
They were shipped 3/12 but according to the tracking they are still in China. Their tracking is rather slow.
On the site of DPD the tracking was more accurate.
So they arrived in only 13 days?

Thats really fast.

Mine just says, order data transmitted on teh dpd tracking

floriansantana

by floriansantana

I got mine last Friday after five weeks. They are pretty cool and I love them.

Regarding shipping: if you used tax pre paid shipping you have to use the site for tracking that they send you. I was also looking at DPD (because the shipping info said so) but their tracking info never updated after „Order data transmitted“. Generally it looks like it’s always the same procedure: it’s really quick in Europe, then it stays somewhere for like 4 weeks and after that it gets delivered within 3 days.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

djstalca

by djstalca

floriansantana wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:19 pm
I got mine last Friday after five weeks. They are pretty cool and I love them.

Regarding shipping: if you used tax pre paid shipping you have to use the site for tracking that they send you. I was also looking at DPD (because the shipping info said so) but their tracking info never updated after „Order data transmitted“. Generally it looks like it’s always the same procedure: it’s really quick in Europe, then it stays somewhere for like 4 weeks and after that it gets delivered within 3 days.
Thank you for your information. I also ordered to EU. 9 days and they are in Belgum and in transit. The china tracking number still says its on airport haha :)

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

TTRV wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:27 am
Hi,

Just reading this sends my OCD into overdrive.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

malizeus wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:20 pm
Anyone had their falcon pro rims stuck at sanding, mine have been at sanding for a week.

Shouldnt the pro rims come out of mould as a finished rim, what is there to sand?
Same with my AM927 mtb wheels.

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

FLtrooper wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:29 pm
Alright.. just ordered some WR45’s with Bitex hubs for my Inflight and a tri spoke wheel for my Speed Concept.

Let’s see how long this takes!

:)
Ordered 10/25 and I’m still waiting…. One rim has been in “sanding” forever and the other is “in place”. I was told 30 days for completion during my preorder correspondence.

:cry:
:beerchug:

berest

by berest

My order is like 17 days in transit to EU now. And all these 17 days rims are been moving on the territory of China :mrgreen: .
p.s.: Will never use EMS anymore.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aesch

by Aesch

I had a bike frame that went from airfreight China-->Europe suddenly to a "move" within China transport by truck, train to Europe, lost in Europe, found in Europe, delivered at the wrong address somewhere in the region to me searching a 100.000m2 storage facility for the package. Its not all easy 😅