Light Bicycle wheel rims?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
JonnieLi

by JonnieLi

Hello, hope everyone is well.
This is my 1st proper post on this forum, please excuse the mistakes. I would like to share my experience with the purchase of my Light Bicycle carbon wheelset. I hope this information will be useful.
I found the sales rep. to be very helpful, informative and the level of communication was of a high standard . They (sales and accounts) were nice to deal with. I will buy another set from Light Bicycle again.

Details of my wheelset (Bespoke)

The logistics from China to the Rep. of Ireland (Half way across the world and covid)

Manufacturers images

The packaging and accessories (Perfect)

Weights and measurements (Light)

My bicycle, Cube agree GTC SL 2015

Not been out on them yet but they look decent on the bike, saved a few gram's too. :thumbup:
Last edited by JonnieLi on Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mashiehood

by mashiehood

kroem wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:43 pm
Oh well... I guess I pumped too much...
wow..... errr what happened there

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JohnnyC91

by JohnnyC91

JonnieLi wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:44 pm
This is my 1st proper post on this forum, please excuse the mistakes. I would like to share my experience with the purchase of my Light Bicycle carbon wheelset. I hope this information will be useful.
I found the sales rep. to be very helpful, informative and the level of communication was of a high standard . They (sales and accounts) were nice to deal with.

Details of my wheelset

The logistics from China to the Rep. of Ireland

Manufacturers images

The packaging and accessories

Weights and measurements

Not been out on them yet but they look decent on the bike, saved a few gram's too. :thumbup:

Looks great, I have a similar set ordered. What tyres did you go with? Any issues with installing them?

JohnnyC91

by JohnnyC91

*duplicate post*

JonnieLi

by JonnieLi

JohnnyC91 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:02 am
JonnieLi wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:44 pm
I found the sales rep. to be very helpful, informative and the level of communication was of a high standard . They (sales and accounts) were nice to deal with.

Details of my wheelset

The logistics from China to the Rep. of Ireland

Manufacturers images

The packaging and accessories

Weights and measurements

Looks great, I have a similar set ordered. What tyres did you go with? Any issues with installing them?
Thanks JohnnyC91, I hope you're satisfied with your's when you get them. The tyres for now are Schwalbe Pro One TT (TLE) (25x622) and they are difficult to seat.

TamCyclist

by TamCyclist

Do you guys have a strong opinion on 54t vs 36t for gravel/fire roads? Lots of sharp climbs. Going to pull the trigger on the WR35 650b on Black Friday as a pure gravel wheel set. Never had anything other than 36t.

StevieB

by StevieB

Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:14 pm
FYI I place an order September 5 for WR50's and they arrived today. Almost two months. Not fast, but not terrible. Took 6 weeks for LB to make the wheels and just 6 days for the shipping process.

These things are really wide. 32.65mm. My 28mm Corsas look like they don't give the rim enough protection. The 30mm I put on the back looks like a better fit even though the combo is not optimal for aero.

1350 grams for the wheelset. (Falcon Pro, Carbon Ti, flyweight) :thumbup:
Just got in a similar set myself (Falcon Pro WR50 Flyweights w/Sapim CX Rays on updated DT240 EXP's). I requested they cherry-pick some light rims from stock for the build, and mine came in at 1352 grams for the set (622F/730R), or 26 grams under projected weight. Same 32.6mm external width you note, with 28mm GP5000TL's at 65PSI coming in right at 31mm; that puts the rim-to-tire ratio dead on the 105% target. GP5000 clinchers measure roughly the same, as do 28mm Vittoria Corsa G+ (1st gen). Was interesting to see how much heavier the TL+ sealant setup is than clincher + latex; 80 grams/wheel. No wonder Conti replaced 'em, since most everyone runs sealant anyway.

Sadly can't ride them yet since my bike's getting the fork replaced under warranty; will follow up with a ride report after I can get out on 'em.

<Edit> Just wanted to add that the GP5000 TL's were a cinch to mount on these rims. Went on by hand and inflated/seated with a standard Park floor pump (using 2 layers of 3M 8896 base tape). They had been previously mounted on some Reserve 32's and were same there. Removeable by hand on both as well, which surprised me given all the tales of them being difficult. Both sets of clinchers were easy on/off by hand.

SB
Last edited by StevieB on Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ms6073

by ms6073

TamCyclist wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:01 am
Do you guys have a strong opinion on 54t vs 36t for gravel/fire roads?
I recommend 54t. We had a mix of 18t and 36t on our 4 wheelsets that were built on pre-EXP 240S straightpull, centerlock hubs and decided to upgrade to 54t, slightly louder, but quicker engagement, and happy with the outcome.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Oggyyy

by Oggyyy

Oggyyy wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:40 am
Email this morning after nearly 3 months saying they are lost..... :(

No mention of refund but said they will re do them and send them again but nt sure I want to wait another 3 months again.
So still no sign of the rims! Just as they were about to manufacture another set they said they found them in Dubai :shock: Said it would take a few weeks after that but seems to be excuse after excuse and when ever I mention a refund they get a bit sheepish. :roll:

Ordered 3 months 5 days ago now! really fed up.

berest

by berest

flooffypie wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:55 pm
Ordered 4 Nov, shipped 10 Nov!
Wow, that's really fast.

My 1st rim is in "CNC Machining" state for now, and 2nd one is in "Sanding". Hope to see both them shipped next week.

flooffypie

by flooffypie

Received them yesterday! 17 Nov
Went through EMS. Pretty quick shipping, they did Xiamen (LB factory) > Sydney > Melbourne

Badstoob

by Badstoob

I'm looking at getting another set of LB wheels built up, which will hopefully go on my next bike. I am running a set of WR45 w/ DT Swiss 240 but think I'll go for something deeper next fime. However, I think this time I might go for a more budget friendly hub. Out of the three budget hub options - DT Swiss 350, Bitex or Novatech would be the best option? I'm looking at WR50/WR65 in non pro and laced 28/28 as I'm a heavy rider.

soonerrebel

by soonerrebel

Badstoob wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:39 pm
I'm looking at getting another set of LB wheels built up, which will hopefully go on my next bike. I am running a set of WR45 w/ DT Swiss 240 but think I'll go for something deeper next fime. However, I think this time I might go for a more budget friendly hub. Out of the three budget hub options - DT Swiss 350, Bitex or Novatech would be the best option? I'm looking at WR50/WR65 in non pro and laced 28/28 as I'm a heavy rider.
I have two wheelsets with the DT Swiss 350's, great hub and I don't think you can go wrong with this choice.

floriansantana

by floriansantana

I ordered Falcon Pro AR55 wheels with Bitex hubs last week through the quick buy option, already got the Black Friday discount of -15% and the wheelset was shipped today, not after 3 days but after 6 days. I’m kind of impressed with their customer service until now, communication is superb, you get an answer to whatever questions within a couple of hours, more like within a couple of minutes. They send pics to check before shipping.

They said shipping takes 2-3 weeks, but could take 2 weeks longer because of COVID, so let’s see when they arrive.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

berest

by berest

Stuck in Sanding for 5 days. Patiently waiting :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com