Token Ventous disc wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sfo423

by sfo423

25mm GP 5000 tubeless on an F10 disc.

Both the prime wheel sets are same ID/OD, yet one is reccomended 25mm tire and the other 28mm tire. Makes no sense.
Mr.Gib wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:39 am
sfo423 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:36 am
I found the manual on the US site: https://www.tokenproducts.com/images/ve ... __C52D.pdf - looks like they recco 28mm tire on the Konax Pro Disc Prime. I ride 25mm. Bummer.
The internal width is 20mm, a 25 mm should work just fine. What tires? Your choice is due to frame tire clearance limitation?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

It's all BS. Just ride the wheels you want and the tires you want. Somewhere, someone, did some test and concluded that one tire is better then another on a particular wheel for aero reasons I presume. And if by some incredible small chance there actually is some tiny difference in performance, ask yourself when was the last time you lost a race by 1/100 of a second.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sfo423

by sfo423

More like "when was the last time you raced"

I am going to call their US distributor today and see if he can comment on the actual weight as I've seen some posts stating they come in >1600g.

Mr.Gib wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:45 am
It's all BS. Just ask yourself when was the last time you lost a race by 1/100 of a second.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

sfo423 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:58 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:45 am
It's all BS. Just ask yourself when was the last time you lost a race by 1/100 of a second.
More like "when was the last time you raced"
Exactly - :D
sfo423 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:58 pm
I am going to call their US distributor today and see if he can comment on the actual weight as I've seen some posts stating they come in >1600g.
Now if Token is lying about the weight - well that is a crime.

Somewhere on their website there was a comment about UST. Totally without explanation, but it had me wondering if they had designed the tire bed to be the same as Mavic, or maybe even licensed the technology - but they don't say. I also noticed in some photos the tubless tape appeared to be transparent - like clear hard plastic. This is what Mavic has on some of their rims. This could explain the extra weight. I can also tell you from first hand experience that Mavic wheels with this feature have the most perfect tire rim interface. Mounting and sealing of tubeless tires is a flawless operation.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

sfo423

by sfo423

They use 3M tape.

Mr.Gib wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:24 pm
Somewhere on their website there was a comment about UST. Totally without explanation, but it had me wondering if they had designed the tire bed to be the same as Mavic, or maybe even licensed the technology - but they don't say. I also noticed in some photos the tubless tape appeared to be transparent - like clear hard plastic. This is what Mavic has on some of their rims. This could explain the extra weight. I can also tell you from first hand experience that Mavic wheels with this feature have the most perfect tire rim interface. Mounting and sealing of tubeless tires is a flawless operation.

pointyhairedboss

by pointyhairedboss

Hi

To add to this thread I recently bought the Promax disc. Initial impressions are good although being on the rider weight limit (I’m 91kg) there is flex under power leading to a bit of disc brake rub. Weight seems as advertised and the wheels seal well with tubeless tyres. The GP5000 TL measure up around 27mm on the 20mm internal width.

So far I’m happy but need to test more.

sfo423

by sfo423

Anyone know who has the Konax pro disc available? None in US. PBK is out.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Just received a set of the Konax Pro disc in the mail yesterday to sample :-).

Once the sun comes out, I'll add some pics and weights.

Matt62

by Matt62

Anyone had a problem with their crash replacement policy in the UK (they use i-Ride)? Mine have taken 6 weeks so far and still no sign of them. The service is pretty slow, with emails taking a while to be answered...