Thanks for TUBULAR, help I AM CONVERTED!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

53cxzero

by 53cxzero

I want, to say thanks to the forum, for the tubular tire help. I rode today and the ride was wonderful. I will be selling, all clincher items. Best, to all. Robert;

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I always keep one set of clinchers around
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53cxzero

by 53cxzero

Thanks, Well I have Campy C17 Shamal Ultras with less than 200 miles, with new Vittoria tubes, and red Veloflex tires, so cash is needed to forward hobby, which I must say is expensive, but, I am lighter than I have been in 25 plus years, so it is worth it. I want to put together another bike.

Asteroid

by Asteroid

I recommend holding onto those awesome Shamals. You will take a bit of a bath on them.
If you're lucky, they'll slot right in - in a pinch - without any brake pad adjustment.
Like you, I'm a big convert to tubulars. It helped me bring a Supersix to under 6kg.
Beautiful ride and handling that clinchers fall short of.
Oldbie

3Pio

by 3Pio

53cxzero wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:08 pm
Thanks, Well I have Campy C17 Shamal Ultras with less than 200 miles, with new Vittoria tubes, and red Veloflex tires, so cash is needed to forward hobby, which I must say is expensive, but, I am lighter than I have been in 25 plus years, so it is worth it. I want to put together another bike.

Keep those Shamals.. I also have Shamal (C15) clinchers, and two tub wheelset (Bora One 35 Diamond 3D and Bora 50 AC3). Most of the time i ride tubs, but still need clinchers for winter riding and rain riding and for very hot weather big climbs (and going down).

Shamals are great wheelset so u will use them many years (i have on mine about 15000 km and look like i'll keep them many more years). Still if i buying in this moment, ill get Zonda.

53cxzero

by 53cxzero

Wonderful, YES I will keep Shamals, I am cleaning out some barn items, to sell. I am in the down sizing, clean up, lean life style mode, and it feels GREAT!!! Best;

angrylegs

by angrylegs

Tubulars are AMAZING. A little high maintenance, but I train and fast race on them and it's totally worth the work.

TonyM

by TonyM

53cxzero wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 5:17 pm
I want, to say thanks to the forum, for the tubular tire help. I rode today and the ride was wonderful. I will be selling, all clincher items. Best, to all. Robert;
What would you say is the main difference that you could feel etc... with tubulars (compared to your Campy C17 Shamal Ultras, Vittoria (latex?) tubes, and Veloflex tires)?

53cxzero

by 53cxzero

Hello, yes to me the whole, riding experience is more PLUSH, also I am breaking in a new saddle. The next steps are to get, some other tubular used wheelsets, so as to have tires streching, etc. At least that seems to be the direction to take, when doing the tubular thing?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

53cxzero wrote:The next steps are to get, some other tubular used wheelsets, so as to have tires streching, etc. At least that seems to be the direction to take, when doing the tubular thing?
I’ve started riding tubular last year and damn it love it!

If you use. Veloflex tubs you don’t need to pre-stretch. They mount easily and straight. Maybe there are other brands that doesn’t need to pre-stretch, but Veloflex came highly recommended to me so I been using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk