Shamal DB are 19C

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morrisond

by morrisond

Fulcrum just introduced the Zero Db with 19C rims (23.8 External).

Does anybody know if the Shamals are going to go to Similar Internal Width (19C)? Is this why they have been delayed from last September as they were going to wider rims?

I have one conflicting report from Campy USA that Shamal DB are 17c and 24.2 External (same as the Carbon Rims) - however Rim brake Shamals are 22.5 External and I can't see the DB Extrusion gaining thickness - it makes a lot more sense that it has gone to 19c with thinner Sidewalls for DB - and they are probably the same as Fulcrum DB at 23.8.

Does anybody have the real info?

Thanks
Last edited by morrisond on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morrisond

by morrisond

I just thought of another Possibility - maybe the Shamal DB was delayed as they decided to change it to a carbon rim which would fit with Campy's 17C 24.2 Carbon rim profile. Maybe they went this route to save some weight.

morrisond

by morrisond

Has anyone heard anything on these?

morrisond

by morrisond

My Shamal DB's just showed up and they are 19C internal 23.8 External just like Fulcrum Zero DB with an Aluminum rim.

Weight is 1580 grams on a Park Scale ready for tubeless with Valves installed (no rim tape needed as no spoke holes).

Should be pretty durable and super smooth with USB Ceramic Cup bearings.

Although not that Aero - they should be quite responive in acceleration if they are as good as regular Shamals.