Bora WTO

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
gwerziou

by gwerziou

Any actual weights on the WTO 45 disc wheelset?

kevinw

by kevinw

So... the little o-rings that come with the tubeless valves - where are they meant to go?

I assume between the lock-nut and the rim but they aren't shown on the instructions.

by Weenie

kevinw

by kevinw

Good showing for the WTOs by the sound of it.

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/07/tubeles ... de-france/

Calnago

by Calnago

kevinw wrote:So... the little o-rings that come with the tubeless valves - where are they meant to go?

I assume between the lock-nut and the rim but they aren't shown on the instructions.
There’s a little groove in the locknut. That’s where they get inserted. Kind of like the o-ring in the top cover of a lot of headsets.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

commendatore

by commendatore

Mine came with one set of o-rings already in the valve nut, and a second set in the bag. I believe campy has a diagram online as well.

kevinw

by kevinw

commendatore wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:32 am
Mine came with one set of o-rings already in the valve nut, and a second set in the bag. I believe campy has a diagram online as well.
That's what confused me... Couldn't see the groove because there is already an o-ring there. Just need to make sure the same is true for the locknuts actually fitted to the wheels (I have four locknuts in total and two loose o-rings).

Cheers guys 👍

edit: no o-rings in the nuts I fitted so now pressent and correct.

kevinw

by kevinw

Hi All,

Just wanted to get a feel for what tubeless tyres people are using with their WTOs and what their fitting experiences are?

So far i've had a set of 25mm GP5000 Tl which while a complete pain to mount initially due to being so tight (tools plus swearing required) did seal with just a track pump. They also stretched after 1000km to the point where they can now be removed and installed without tools and still only require a track pump to seat.

I just fitted a set of hutchinson fusion 5 performance TLR last night which went on really easily tool-free but needed a CO2 shot to set the bead. One thing I have noticed is that the tread on the hutchinsons seem quite narrow so not sure they are really suitable for the wide rim? They will do for now though.

I'm interested in anyones experience with vittoria corsa G2.0 or Pro Ones.

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

Well, I got my WTO 60s yesterday, finally :D :D :D

Top notch quality and looks, as everybody around here is reporting!
On the other hand, I also got turned down on the weight, 728g for the front wheel and 910 for the rear... Either my kitchen scale is a bit off, or I got a really fat set :evil:

Coming for Zipp wheels, it's feels strange having such silent hubs (campagnolo ones are supposed to be like this, right? and then loose and get a bit louder), on the other hand, either I had really high expectations, or they don't seem to spin as loosely as at least the zipp, is this because they're new and will become "looser" with time?

Cheers
Attachments
IMG-0334.JPG
IMG-0332.JPG

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Did you tare the scale with the hub protectors on the scale? I expected the WTO to be heavier than the Bora 50 but didn’t know how heavy they are until now. In my experience Campy use a high grease fill rate from the factory. You can remove the factory grease and replace it with Finish Line Extreme grease at a lower fill rate. You get a much higher performance. I did that on my Bora 50 Ones and they are as free rolling as my Bora 35 Ultras with the CULT bearings. The secret to bearing friction is all in the grease used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

Well, I did forget to tare the hub caps... :unbelievable:
The hub grease might be a good ideia, I seem to remeber you posting about finish line fluoro grease, is that right?

gwerziou

by gwerziou

Is there going to be a Bora WTO 35 DB? I’m looking for a wheelset to replace the 38mm deep, 14.5 mm internal width 1530 grams Syncros RP 1.0 wheels that came on my Scott Addict 10. I’ve looked at the Bora One 35 DB, but it is clincher only and I want to retain the capacity to go tubeless at some point. A WTO 35 would probably fall into the ‘take my money’ category.

Living in Seattle, WA my typical routes sometimes provide significant crosswinds. At 179 cm tall and 64 kg in weight, I find that the Syncros wheels with their old-school V profile really catch the wind for maximum crosswind terror. Other drawbacks are that, while they roll really well, changing tires is bizarrely difficult, perhaps due to the narrow width, and that the nipples are hidden in the rim, ensuring enormous difficulty should you need to adjust them.
Last edited by gwerziou on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

gwerziou wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:17 am
Is there going to be a Bora WTO 35 DB? I’m looking for a wheelset to replace the 38mm deep, 14.5 mm internal width 1530 grams Syncros RP 1.0 wheels that came on my Scott Addict 10. I’ve looked at the Bora One 35 DB, but it is clincher only and I want to have the capacity to go tubeless at some point. A WTO 35 would probably fall into the ‘take my money’ category.
Why don't you consider WTO 45 DB? It's 2-way fit, so you can run tubed or tubeless www.campagnolo.com/US/en/Wheels/bora_wto_45_disc_brake
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

gwerziou

by gwerziou

mpulsiv wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:53 am
gwerziou wrote:
Is there going to be a Bora WTO 35 DB?
Why don't you consider WTO 45 DB? It's 2-way fit, so you can run tubed or tubeless www.campagnolo.com/US/en/Wheels/bora_wto_45_disc_brake
I have been looking at those quite closely but am concerned about getting blown off the road when the crosswinds ramp up when a storm blows in from Puget Sound, a couple of klicks away.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

gwerziou wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:57 am
mpulsiv wrote:
gwerziou wrote:
I have been looking at those quite closely but am concerned about getting blown off the road when the crosswinds ramp up when a storm blows in from the ocean a couple of klicks away.
You are coming from 38 mm deep and if you think 7mm deeper is going to blow you around, you are delusional :) Keep in mind that WTO rim has modern rim profile.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

gwerziou

by gwerziou

mpulsiv wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:02 am
gwerziou wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:57 am
mpulsiv wrote:
gwerziou wrote:
I have been looking at those quite closely but am concerned about getting blown off the road when the crosswinds ramp up when a storm blows in from the ocean a couple of klicks away.
You are coming from 38 mm deep and if you think 7mm deeper is going to blow you around, you are delusional :) Keep in mind that WTO rim has modern rim profile.
Ha, yeah I hear you but since I’m already getting blown around, increasing rim depth at all seems a bit sketchy.

by Weenie