Bora WTO

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
fogman

by fogman

On my WTO 33, when I mount my front wheel so that the AC3 grooves are aligned the same as the rear wheel, my bearing preload adjuster ends up being on the NDS.

There is another member who has the front wheel backwards from this (bearing preload adjuster is on the drive side when AC3 grooves aligned with rear wheel).

Can any other WTO owners confirm which side your front preload adjuster is on when the AC3 grooves are aligned? Does it even matter?

I have four sets of Campagnolo wheels (Shamal Ultra, Bora One 35 Clincher, Bora One 50 Tubular, and Bora WTO 33). On all four sets, the front bearing preload adjuster is on the left NDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I have non-AC3 Bora wheels and my adjuster is on the NDS. On my wheels there are words on the hub shells. When the front adjuster is on the NDS the words match the same orientation as on the rear wheel. You got your right since the AC3 grooves match between the front and rear wheels. In real life I doubt it matters.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

On my WTO 60 wheelset, the front bearing preload adjuster is on the left NDS.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

I have a lot of black dust on the caliper with my WTO, the noise is also pretty loud, only 200km with it but very hilly:
Normal ?

smz5969

by smz5969

Hi all,

Just got my 45’s last Friday. Can’t wait to get it rolling! Image

Canyon Roadlite AL 2012
Scott Addict RC Pro 2020

Nohands83

by Nohands83

jeanjacques wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:10 pm
I have a lot of black dust on the caliper with my WTO, the noise is also pretty loud, only 200km with it but very hilly:
Normal ?
Same here, nothing to worry about - just the pads and rims bedding in. The pads seem to have a black layer above the red main body so probably that wearing through.

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

Thank you :wink:

nismosr

by nismosr

Got another set but disc and they are xdr hub! Any one here know how to remove the xdr freehub body wanted to replace them with campagnolo.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

jlok

by jlok

nismosr wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:42 am
Got another set but disc and they are xdr hub! Any one here know how to remove the xdr freehub body wanted to replace them with campagnolo.
https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... 19_ENG.pdf
Follow the instructions for Zonda DB in Page 4. I did it to my Bora WTO 45 DB.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

nismosr

by nismosr

jlok wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:45 am
nismosr wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:42 am
https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... 19_ENG.pdf
Follow the instructions for Zonda DB in Page 4. I did it to my Bora WTO 45 DB.
Did you have to buy that special tooL ? thank you

jlok

by jlok

No I didn't. One adjustable spanner and one 17mm are what I use.

p.s. Racing Zero Carbon DB came with that special tool but not in Speed 55 DB... strange.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

Just got 60mm WTOs which I plan to run tubeless (first time tubeless, EEK)

Huge mental struggle between 45 vs 60. Thought about asking the various cycling forums for help, but knowing how these 'dilemma' questions can go, I internalized the mental debate and went for the deeper dish. I'm 140lbs/63.5kg and I get tossed around like crazy in winds over +16mph, even with 35mm rims. I have prior experience with deep dish though, so we shall see. Fingers crossed I didn't make a mistake not going 45's, but only one way to find out!

Need to wait a week to install, the package didn't come with 2x tubeless valves and I'm sorting that out with the vendor.

SOME WEIGHTS

Front Wheel: 714g
Rear Wheel w/ Campy Freehub: 900g
QR Skewers (x2): 120g
Red Brakepads (x4): 15g

Like mentioned earlier, no tubeless valves to weigh. The wheel set themselves are 1614g, and the total with skewers/pads is 1749g before sealant/tires. Campy's website claims the rim/spoke wheel set weighs 1547g. Kinda close. My measurement's got the freehub body attached.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

maxim809 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:02 pm
Just got 60mm WTOs which I plan to run tubeless (first time tubeless, EEK)

Huge mental struggle between 45 vs 60. Thought about asking the various cycling forums for help, but knowing how these 'dilemma' questions can go, I internalized the mental debate and went for the deeper dish.

SOME WEIGHTS

Front Wheel: 714g
Rear Wheel w/ Campy Freehub: 900g
QR Skewers (x2): 120g
Red Brakepads (x4): 15g
Thanks for the weights! You made the right choice as for depth. 45 mm wheels are a waste of time, 50-90 mm is where its at ;) I'm the same weight as you and ride around on knight 95s atm and have no issue with wind. The moral of the story is that yes, deep wheels get pushed around, but *you get used to it* so its no longer scary. Put them on, ride and keep going. Be sure to write a ride report.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

hkgmatt

by hkgmatt

I just recently got my WTO 60 DB and my initial impression is that they feel harsher, and when accelerating less agile, than my 47mm DT Swiss ERC 1100. I'm guessing the harsher feeling is due to the additional stiffness from the wheel depth, although these are my first 60mm wheels so I don't have anything to compare. They roll beautifully though so no regrets.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nismosr

by nismosr

fogman wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:49 am
On my WTO 33, when I mount my front wheel so that the AC3 grooves are aligned the same as the rear wheel, my bearing preload adjuster ends up being on the NDS.

There is another member who has the front wheel backwards from this (bearing preload adjuster is on the drive side when AC3 grooves aligned with rear wheel).

Can any other WTO owners confirm which side your front preload adjuster is on when the AC3 grooves are aligned? Does it even matter?

I have four sets of Campagnolo wheels (Shamal Ultra, Bora One 35 Clincher, Bora One 50 Tubular, and Bora WTO 33). On all four sets, the front bearing preload adjuster is on the left NDS.

@fogman
so i emailed Campagnolo about the wrong lacing on my wto 60 front wheel and If I go against the grooves here's their respond

ImageWto by nismosr, on Flickr