Bora WTO

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
jwchew

by jwchew

Can anyone here compare the braking performance between the Light Bicycle rims (graphene + grooved track) vs. the Campy Bora WTO's AC3?

Pukutis

by Pukutis

Just received bora wto45 rim brake with 1545 gr. A little bit dissapointing. I have a enve 3.4 with 1350 gr, it is a big difference. Have anyone of you ridden both models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

I think it's worth remembering on average - the WTO bottom lineup isn't known for being competitive on weight. The Ultimates can't compete price per gram for weight but do become competitive. However what can be said is the ride quality of the WTO's is fairly typically excellent with extremely nice internals. Easy enough to pop in ceramics if wanted as well. The ENVE lineup is great but I would prefer Bora hubs over Enve hubs.

Splitting hairs im sure. I LOVED the AR's. But the WTO (disc in my case) has to be one of the stiffest, smoothest set of wheels I have ridden with a finish quality that reflects the price in most cases.

Still pretty dang subjective at the end of it.
Just ride ..

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Any ideas on the weight savings of ceramic bearings?

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Btw I won't be swapping them out only reason id change em is if someone stole them

BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

Does it come with Shimano rim brake pads if you select shimano/sram freehub option ? Can't seem to find a straight answer on this.

Do these pads wear down fast?

usr

by usr

itsacarr wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:09 pm
Easy enough to pop in ceramics if wanted as well.
Minor nitpick: they already come with ceramic bearings (hybrid, marketed as "USB"), the upgrade path you might follow if hands and wallet feel particularly bored ("CULT") is also hybrid ceramic, with the steel bits (cup and cone) made from a more advanced kind of steel.

usr

by usr

PoorCyclist wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:26 pm
Does it come with Shimano rim brake pads if you select shimano/sram freehub option ? Can't seem to find a straight answer on this.
They come with Shimano-shaped pads. Availability forced me to get a Shimano/SRAM despite riding Campagnolo, I had to buy matching pads separately (freehub transplanted from an old Zonda rear)

itsacarr

by itsacarr

usr wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:46 pm
itsacarr wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:09 pm
Easy enough to pop in ceramics if wanted as well.
Minor nitpick: they already come with ceramic bearings (hybrid, marketed as "USB"), the upgrade path you might follow if hands and wallet feel particularly bored ("CULT") is also hybrid ceramic, with the steel bits (cup and cone) made from a more advanced kind of steel.
💯
Just ride ..

usr

by usr

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:12 pm
Any ideas on the weight savings of ceramic bearings?
None, because (as stated above) the USB->CULT upgrade is replacing steel with steel (balls remain unchanged ceramic). At least if you compare "catalog weight" which is usually in absence of lubrication. Ride ready, you might see a little difference on the scales due to small amounts of grease being heavier than tiny amounts of oil (they differ in manufacturer recommended lubrication)

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

evildead

by evildead

jwchew wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:33 pm
Can anyone here compare the braking performance between the Light Bicycle rims (graphene + grooved track) vs. the Campy Bora WTO's AC3?
Also interested in this in case anyone knows

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

anyone using Pirelli P-zero Race TLR (and/or SL) with the WTOs? Can you share the size and settled measurement?

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

evildead wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:52 pm
jwchew wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:33 pm
Also interested in this in case anyone knows
Light bicycle graphene with grooves braking surface in my experience with AR46 was very, very good. Not quite as good as the grooved Enve track or the grooved Bontrager XXX track but miles ahead of Reynolds and earlier Zipp. Comparing LB to Enve/Bont they had similar overall stopping power and wet performance but modulation wasn't quite as good.

I've never ridden the AC3 track, but I've heard when coupled with the Campy Red pads they're superior to the Enve with Enve pads. So the LB graphene should be just about a step below Campy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simbikotic

by simbikotic

PoorCyclist wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:28 am
anyone using Pirelli P-zero Race TLR (and/or SL) with the WTOs? Can you share the size and settled measurement?
Me. I run the 26mm on WTO 45 DB and I absolutely love them. They come out as advertised -26mm and sit very flush with the wheels. They are very easy to mount and seat with a track-pump just fine. They feel very fast and give me loads of confidence in technical descents. I have tried both the SL and regular versions. The SLs do wear down quickly. Currently I ride SL on the front and regular on the rear. This gives a great combination durability on the wheel that wears faster and grip+suppleness on the front.