Bora WTO

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

IchDien wrote:I think dark would look better on a titanium build.
Go dark, more focus on the frame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

wintershade wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:48 pm
I’m trying to decide on light vs dark label WTOs for a bare Ti bike (brushed finish). Groupset is SR12. Any suggestions?

Builder (Enigma) thinks dark label will look better. But I’m thinking maybe bright label, because unlike the old bright label Boras, the bright label WTOs almost seem light gray (rather than white). I’d ideally like the graphics to match the grey “record” in Super Record 12 graphics.

While I only had the dark Boras i used to spend a lot of brain power deciding what goes best with whatever bike photo online. Now I have also a bright set and decided the devil is not that black. The darks are not truly stealthy and the brights are not exceedinly blingy, meaning they could both look good on most frames.

I'd say it is first a question of tires., If you like tan walls, get dark. Black tires, bright label. You want the whole bike impression to be a bit stealthy, get dark. You want a bit more bling, get bright. The red bits on SR match the red on the bright. The brushed metal of the frame does not collide with that red either.

mattyNor

by mattyNor

Has anyone else experienced excessive freehub drag on the WTO wheels? I've had two sets come through the shop so far and both had two much grease in the freehub and would bind while backpedaling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

fogman

by fogman

I see a set of the new Bora WTO 45 for sale here:
https://glorycycles.com/campagnolo-bora ... -wheelset/

It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

mattyNor

by mattyNor

That's a bold move from Glory, dealers are supposed to be embargoed until after NAHBS

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

wilwil

by wilwil

fogman wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:00 pm
I see a set of the new Bora WTO 45 for sale here:
https://glorycycles.com/campagnolo-bora ... -wheelset/

The page has been removed.

guyc

by guyc

For the 2019 season:

chiumomo

by chiumomo

That's a perfect dream bike build. What size are those s-works cotton? 26mm?

guyc

by guyc

They’re 28’s. Poor roads around me so the Hell of the North ones are much more suitable. Ridden over the winter on a different bike with no flats.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Did you ride Perfs? I remember seeing a large C64 in that colour with DA parked up at the HQ. Not those wheels though iirc.

guyc

by guyc

Mockenrue wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:02 am
Did you ride Perfs? I remember seeing a large C64 in that colour with DA parked up at the HQ. Not those wheels though iirc.
Not me.....

guyc

by guyc

First ride time and I can only echo what ChrisV said. Dry roads here so got out for a 40 mile test ride.

These wheels are bloody good. I'm not running them tubeless at the moment. I wanted to just change one thing so am running 28mm Turbo Cottons with latex tubes. They come up at 28.2mm on these, against 27.1mm on the Ultra 50's.

They're very comfortable and give a smoother ride than the Ultra 50's (which will now be going up for sale). That extra width seems to help there. They roll beautifully and my word are they laterally stiff. I tried hard to see if I could get any brake rub, and failed. I run my brakes close as well. The look superb on, but beyond that they're a very, very fine wheelset. For the money they're a real find. Having tried both Zipp 404's and Enve 4.5's and having found both a little flexy for me (80kg and quite a punchy rider) these absolutely hit the spot.

Well played Campag. I'll be adding a set of the 45's for my other bike once they're released.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

How long will it usually take for 45WTO Bora’s to be available in shop?
Can be a very nice wheelset.

guyc

by guyc

They’re imminent but will be supply constrained as with most new Campag releases (also pre-orders).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

Further update on the 60’s. Anyone in the UK will know we’ve had some pretty windy weather. Today seemed a decent one to test out how these handle in about as windy conditions as I’d want to ride in.

The answer is bloody well. 30mph crosswinds are obviously noticeable but there’s no sense of the front wanting to tuck in. They’re very stable indeed and better than I’d expect a 60mm to be in those conditions.

In other news I should have a pair of the 45’s later this week.