FSE 35

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Expect them to get pushed around like an elementary school fat kid with low self esteem. But they'll brake as good as alloy!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Is the profile really that much worse than a 404 etc in the wind?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Probably not - and I haven't actually ridden the 55. I was tempted a couple times to have them built and only held off because I wanted a gloss finish for that bike.

My comment about being pushed around is based on the 35s being a little more susceptible to wind than my old Reynolds 46 when I rode them back to back. However, those wheels are basically immune to wind so maybe not the most fair comparison.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Yeah see that makes me want a set of Aero46 tubs even more than I already do haha

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Imaking20

by Imaking20

They are next level in terms of crosswind stability. Honestly though, the second best wind performer I've ridden might be the 58 - which is also a lot easier to find. I've had 3 pairs of those. I've had crazier "oh shit" moments on Enve 3.4 and Zipp 303 than I've had on the 58s.

Next on my list, in order of stability, is probably the current XXX 6 that I'm riding. Though I prefer the braking finish on the Bontrager over the Reynolds (which is itself very good) - and all play second fiddle to FSE braking IMO