Best Brake pads for....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I use lightweight aluminum/kevlar stranded brake housing. Basically it's 5 mm shifter housing with alloy strands.

It's unconventional because it can't take tight bends.

Feeling is soso. Works fine. Cheap and light. 26gr/m brake and 20gr/m shift. 2usd/m (domestic china price). If I had to pay more I'd look more into some other alternatives as well.

If you watch videos on installing housing they will often tell you to leave a tiny bit extra in case you want to modify your stem/bar height. The front brake doesn't work well with such instructions. Only if the housing is very flexible you could get away with it. (flexibility kind of disappears over time anyway). The stiffer the housing is, the more accurate the length needs to be for maintenance free performance. :)

/a

grahus

by grahus

Ok thanks, I've got no problem setting up fiddly brakes, all part of the joy of cycling...
Bikes:

Road: Project-X Pro Carbon (7.2kg) | Bianchi via Narone (bare metal project)
MTB: Canyon Spectral 6.0 Ex 27.5" | GT Zaskar 26" | Orange Clockwork 26" (Limited Edition green)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I don't run alloy rims anymore but I use campganolo(fulcrum) carbon pads on my xentis, lightweight and ax lightness wheels - better braking and modulation than black prince or the swisstop specific pads for each of those wheels. And i have tried them all.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C36

by C36

Just got a pair of Shimano 9000 C24 Tubular (270g rim ) did anyone tested different brake pads with any of the dura ace 9000 carbon series?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk