DT SWISS R23 VS FULCRUM RACING QUATTRO

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ryanran15

by ryanran15

Hi everyone,

Im currently planning to change out my current wheelset (Mavic Aksium Race) to a different one.Something on the budget side .Lately I've been seeing some Fulcrum Racing Quattro on some Facebook groups. And it seems as a viable option. And I can easily get one barely used for a good price. But recently I've stumble upon a DT Swiss R23 spline Wheelset. And Im kinda leaning on the DT Swiss one.

Could anybody help me out with this decision. And any other wheelset that you can suggest. kinda on the budget side.

Thanks
Attachments
index.jpg
index.jpg (9.01 KiB) Viewed 3570 times
dt swiss.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

Take the one you prefer within your budget. They are both good! DT Swiss has great hubs, spokes and rims and Fulcrum has also very good hubs and quality. The Fulcrum are however a little higher with 35mm.

sawyer

by sawyer

Fulcrum are 40mm

Really nice wheels. Not much to complain about. As has been noted on the forum many times, the hubs are the standard cartridge type, rather than the higher-end cup and cone Campag hubs. Decals are stickers - nicely done - rather than water transfer type as per Boras or high end Fulcrums. Those are the two economies. Also the rear can take in a bit of water into the rim in very wet weather.

On the plus side, they are stiff, fairly aero (fit very well with 23mm tyres), very stout and trouble-free.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup: