ENVE SES VS ZIPP VS HED + PowerTap

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I have 2 sets of Enve hubbed wheelsets.. 2.2 clinchers and 7.8 clinchers. I'm 185ish so yeah I can get them to rub out of the saddle pushing up a hill, but normal sprinting not really.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fluffandstuff

by fluffandstuff

RyanH wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:23 pm
I paid $1250 for both my Bora 35s and 50s. They rode almost identical but the 35s catch less wind and look better IMO. I think the larger logos on the 50s looks a bit garish. They're cup and cone bearings so a difference of rotation in the stands is most likely due to amount of grease packed in and how tightly they're preloaded. Both of my ones spun an extremely long time in the stand.

Also, for Enve, I built my 3.4s with Wheels Mfg hubs for $2100, so if you can find Gen 2 rims on closeout (there should still be some) you can build them for cheaper.

But still, Boras all day long, they're simply the better wheel.
Hi Ryan, are yours tubulars or clinchers and how did you manage to find those deals on Boras?
I only find reasonsbale prices from PBK, wiggle, starbikes etc from online, they price Bora one clinchers at 1600+ and ultra clinchers at 2100+. Or Is this the wrong season to buy new Bora wheelsets?

fluffandstuff

by fluffandstuff

Thanks everybody for replying.

I ordered Bora Ultra 35 clinchers instead of ENVE, hopefully they are durable enough so I get to keep them for a long time. Not sure how the warranty stuff works in the States tho, but based on online reviews and forum they seem pretty reliable and durable I guess?

fluffandstuff

by fluffandstuff

BTW has anyone tried tubeless on Bora before? I'm thinking about getting some schwalbe pro one tubeless tires on those, not sure if that is a good idea.