Wheel choice.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

merlinxlm

by merlinxlm

Hello members, looking to upgrade my wheels to lighter tubs set. Cant decide between the Zipp 202 or the Mavic Ksyrium Pro Haute Route Tubular Wheelset? I'm currnetly usin the clincher version of the Mavic Ksyrium Pro Haute Route Wheelset with exalith. I really like them, I do understand the they do not receive good reviews on this forum. But I'm willing to give them a shot, any comments appreciated. Or better still, users reviews.

Thank you,

Wookski

by Wookski

There are much better options available- both of the wheelsets you mention are a bit crap (hubs mostly). I’d suggest enve 2.2/ fulcrum racing light XLR (good value)/ Bora Ultra 35/ AX Lightness 25T.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

even better than those get some carbon ti hubs or extralite if you want to go really light and nice pair of carbon tubular rims and have someone build them up. Campagnolo for example dont have a magic wand. there are off the shelf rims which are as good as theres and there are off the shelf hubs which are as good.

What I am thinking would weigh araound 1040g with the carbon Ti hubs and would the equal of all the above but lighter in some cases.

merlinxlm

by merlinxlm

I’ve seen these wheels, Mavic Ksyrium Pro Haute Route Tubular Wheelset. Weight is 1190gr and come fitted with CeramicSpeed bearings. They are 305gr lighter than my current wheels, full carbon rim. Just thinking, will I notice the weight difference? Best thing, I can currently buy them for £800, new.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

bm0p700f wrote:even better than those get some carbon ti hubs or extralite if you want to go really light and nice pair of carbon tubular rims and have someone build them up. Campagnolo for example dont have a magic wand. there are off the shelf rims which are as good as theres and there are off the shelf hubs which are as good.

What I am thinking would weigh araound 1040g with the carbon Ti hubs and would the equal of all the above but lighter in some cases.
Who build wheels as you've described?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I build them but I am probably not the only one. I own a set they weigh 1020g with a 38mm deep carbon tubular rim.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com