Fast, Light All Rounder Disc Wheel

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

moyboy

by moyboy

That is interesting. As I've been using that exact combination with the 4.5 AR Discs aside from Schwalbe Pro One which are tubeless.

Not much to complain about with having to use Contis as they are a great set of tires.

Bordcla

by Bordcla

moyboy wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 4:28 pm
That is interesting. As I've been using that exact combination with the 4.5 AR Discs aside from Schwalbe Pro One which are tubeless.

Not much to complain about with having to use Contis as they are a great set of tires.
I'm far from complaining about having to use these, as those are precisely the tires I was LOOKING TO USE! I was concerned I couldn't (and was thus forced to use the very good, but less durable and more fragile Pro Ones), but am very happy that I can use the Contis. In fact, that was the clincher for me: I ordered the 4.5 ARs on that basis and canceled my order for the CLX50.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pushstart

by pushstart

FWIW, I haven't found Pro Ones to be any more fragile than GP4000SII tires. If anything, the opposite. I have certainly had fewer flats with the 28mm tubeless setup than with 25mm Contis GP4ks.

I do think they are pretty similar in terms of feel/speed, so I wouldn't complain if I had to use Contis with tubes again. But I would always choose Pro Ones tubeless if it was an option.

djgarrett21

by djgarrett21

I've got the CLX 50 disc and they are excellent wheels. Light, fast, and seem to be made very well.

cristianx

by cristianx

I've put about 8000kms on my CLX50 Discs and can confidently say they are an amazing wheelset.
Used Pro One Tubeless tyres for the majority of the time but felt they were lacking grip in the wet (rear skidding when climbing etc) - anyway back on Pirelli PZeros and tubes (amazing tyre by the way)
I've also ridden the 4.5AR Discs and I think these two wheelsets feel incredibly similar.
Whichever you go with I don't think you will be disappointed.

CD

Bordcla

by Bordcla

I have my 4.5 ARs, which I'm currently running with tubes and GP4000 sII 28-mm tires at 60 psi. Wheels are super light, ride well and the monster truck tires basically swallow all road imperfections short of the biggest potholes. Even large cracks are more tolerable than on regular wheels.

Wheels are super stable and sure-footed, which only makes sense with such wide tires.

Super happy. Major upgrade to the stock Reynolds. As they should be given the astronomical price...