Pacenti Carbon disc rims review ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cassard

by cassard

Yea, so I already did a thread about wheelset choice ideas and you have been very helpful. But a friend of mine put in my head the idea of building a pair of wheels and after looking at my options, it could be a good idea. So I don't want to be the user that starts creating 100000 threads, asking questions and never choosing. So I promess this will be my last one for wheels questions. Like I said in previous threads the smallest tire I will use is 28mm tubeless (got a pair of pro-ones on order).

Let's say I have the idea to build wheels. My hubs choices are white industries CLD and my spokes will be either CX-Ray or aerolite.

It's the rims that I'm looking for. I can't get my head around open mold rims even if a lot of people like them.

But for now I saw the Pacenti that seems very nice (the 50mm carbon tubeless disc) the price seems pretty good, weight to. The thing is I can't find any review about how they perform. Anybody have use some ? or have any suggestions ?

Multebear

by Multebear

Do you mean chinese carbon rims? Why can't you get your head around them?

It's pretty straight forward. You write Kyle Fu on sales2@farsports.cn and tell him what rims you want, he will quote you the price with shipping and PayPal fees (probably around $ 400 a pair), you pay, he ships them, you build your wheels and live happily ever after. I have 3 sets, that I have been beating and riding the sh*t out of for the for the last three years with no issues. Two clinchers and one pair of tubs for cx. Especially the tubs have seen abuse.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cassard

by cassard

The reason is even if I read a lot of good stuff on them on the web, I read also bad stuff and from friends and customers at my shop we hear and saw a lot of bad stuff also.

So they are out of question for me. I know I could save money but this is my choice. Any other suggestions ?

Multebear

by Multebear

I haven't heard og read one negative comment about farsports. Even when a customer has received a bad/broken rim, they just get a new one shipped no questions asked. They only want to see some pictures, and they don't even want the old rim back.

The one problem I understand is, if you buy a wheelset, and one of the rims is bad/broken/needs replacing, you need to relace it yourself or pay someone to do it for you. That's a disadvantage. I lace wheels myself, which doesn't really make it a problem for me. And since you save a lot of money on them compared to name brand wheels, that's a price I'm willing to pay.

If you've read bad reviews on farsport rims, please point me in the direction of them. I really like to know, what kind of problems people have with them. I and the 7-8 people I know, who have traded with them are very satisfied.

And if you are going for disc rims, even more so go for farsports. Since you don't have to worry about braketrack problems.

cassard

by cassard

On farsport the few people that I got stories froms are my customers at the store. In any case, they are to narrow. I'm looking for something 28mm wide external minimum and 21mm internal. Farsports goes to maximum 25mm

Multebear

by Multebear

Farsports got 28 mm wide clinchers in 58, 45 and 38 mm deep section. Only tubs are at max 25 mm width. But since you're looking for tubeless, that's not gonna be a problem.

http://www.farsports.cn/product/detail.php/id-305.html

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

November had an interesting write up on Knight's carbon tubeless rims.

https://novemberbicycles.com/blogs/blog ... ts-to-love

ms6073

by ms6073

cassard wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:06 pm
I'm looking for something 28mm wide external minimum and 21mm internal. Farsports goes to maximum 25mm
I suggest you take a look at Nox Composites (US Company).
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

kofsw4

by kofsw4

ms6073 wrote: I suggest you take a look at Nox Composites (US Company).
Don't know Nox but their falcor 36 rims looks very similar to these:

https://www.lightbicycle.com/Road-bicyc ... lable.html

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ms6073

by ms6073

kofsw4 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:34 am
Don't know Nox but their falcor 36 rims looks very similar to these:
28mm wide 36mm Deep Aero Clincher Road Disc Brake
Yes they do, but as I own wheelsets with both Falkor 36D and the Light Bicycle disc brake rims, no they are not the same! The Nox rims are made in Taiwan, have offset/asymetric spoke holes, are a tad lighter, and are marketed and assembled here in the US so cost is about twice what you pay for LB's wheels.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com