Thoughts on Carbon Ti hubs to aluminum clinchers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morganb

by morganb

I was thinking of going somewhere along this route for my next wheel build. I haven't ever seen these laced to anything other than carbon rims and was wondering if the hub geo is suitable for shallower rims and also if they are durable enough for day to day use. I mainly just want something light and a little more exotic than my cheapie Bitex hubs to SL23s that gets me around 1350g without being compromised.

Razor

by Razor

I am going to use these hubs for my next build and they will be laced to 38mm carbon/alu rim. Fairwheel Bikes has a review on the hubs, they recommend them for a daily use and give a thumbs up for quality. They did say that the new hubs have a sound similar to Chris King hubs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morganb

by morganb

Razor wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 pm
I am going to use these hubs for my next build and they will be laced to 38mm carbon/alu rim. Fairwheel Bikes has a review on the hubs, they recommend them for a daily use and give a thumbs up for quality. They did say that the new hubs have a sound similar to Chris King hubs.
Which rims? Just curious because I've never seen carbon/aluminum brake track as a rim only.

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

I use Carbon-Ti hubs on my MTB and they've held up fine. I put thicker grease in the freehub to quiet it.
Faraports sell carbon/alloy rims.

Razor

by Razor

morganb wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:37 pm
Razor wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 pm
Which rims? Just curious because I've never seen carbon/aluminum brake track as a rim only.
The shipping was fast, communication was excellent. I've been riding the wheels for about 6 months now (Tune Hubs, Sapim CX-Ray, Alu nipples), they are solid. 17 internal, 23 external. I ordered a second set. They will do custom drilling also. Cost was about $125 per rim. The cool part is they have a Twill finish which you normally do not see on a carbon/alu rim.

I found them here.

www.mostsport.com