Bearing recommendation

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

i've had good results from Enduro bearings. they make regular, hybrid and ceramics. all good. not sure how they compare to Ceramic Speed.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

Avoid "cycling" brands. Or rubbish or extremely overpriced for what it really is.

Best what money can buy are SKF, INA, NTN and Timken. Buy stainless. Peace of mind for very long time.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

^Spot on, you won't find much better quality than these-

https://www.hambini.com/bearings/ultra- ... -seal.html

silvalis

by silvalis

The mechanic who pulled my seized/crunchy enduro bearings out of my WI hubs told me that enduro bearings are overpriced and overrated.
Chasse patate

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I watched several Hambini videos and I just got some NTN 6803’s. I haven’t had a chance to do the finger test yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kavitator

by kavitator

Steel has more load capacity than stainles steel.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Enduro bearings are not that good. SKF or NTN for me but NTN are hard to come by.

kavitator

by kavitator

What about EZO?

mattr

by mattr

kavitator wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:54 am
and both should have enough capacity for a bike. (Unless an idiot has designed the hub)

stormur

by stormur

kavitator wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:54 am
True. But any 1st class bearing made for industry is overkill for cycling. From loads to speed.

Our assumption is that "cycling" brands made bearings from high grade steel... and we're usually very wrong. Stainless Timken or INA use best money can buy stainless steel for this purpose. See the difference ? From my experience stainless from brands I mentioned will easy outlast anything "cycling".

Loads and stresses for any bearing in bike are very low in comparison to what they're designed. So no worries.

I work with stainless (fasteners) on daily basis. You'd be very surprised how much of various forces stainless steel can take and still remain "untouched".

BTW DT 240 use inox .... and reliability of 240 is rather a strength, not weakness.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

kavitator

by kavitator

I think problem can be with loweight hub designs
Smaller bearings - and softer material (if they use Stainles steel) - lower bearing life

Most that kind of hubs using 17mm axle - and in freehub body bearing size 6803. So some companys has an option with double bearings in this place
6903 is too big for freehub body

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

So I pulled the bearings out of my wheelset. The rears were toast. There are (4) 6802's in there. The front wheel didn't feel bad, but I swapped them anyway and after comparing the out-going set with the ingoing, the old ones were definitely on their way out. The front hub had (2) 699 bearings. All of the bearings are labeled as being from TPI and they are supposed to be ceramic. They had a rubberized/plastic type material dust shield and still had a fair bit of grease inside. This wheel set has seen a LOT of miles... hard miles. The replacement bearings came from a used wheel set that my friend had. It was the same exact spec. He had put maybe 800 miles on them and stopped using them because he was worried that he was close to weight limit and he felt they were too flexy for him. I think I will ultimately get some NTN bearings from that Hambini site to replace them.

lobuxracer

by lobuxracer

If you are in the US, you can get NTN bearings at advantageous prices from Misumi. I got a set of genuine NTN crank bearings from them for less than $14 each. I have a Hambini BB, but don't need to pay UK prices and shipping for something arriving in Atlanta. Misumi is a full NTN stocking dealer, and they are members of the anti-counterfeiting organization here in the US as well so you know you are getting the genuine deal from them. Customer service, shipping, etc., all outstanding.

https://us.misumi-ec.com/
lance - no, not that guy, I started racing in 1976.
1980 A-D Ultima
1999 Softride TT
2013 Cervelo S5 Team LE

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Thanks for sharing. I just bought some 6903's from Hambini. I paid $15 USD each. I looked up the same bearing at Misumi and it's only $7 each. How can Misumi sells it for half the price of what Hambini is charging? Misumi looks to be legit however I'm always a bit skeptical when something is significantly cheaper especially for a commodity part.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com