DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut 48

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
TonyM

by TonyM

Lafolie wrote:wondered if anyone pulled the trigger on a pair of the DT Swiss ARC Dicut 48 ?
I really like my ERC 1100 Dicut 47 DB on my winter/ rain bike and I decided to buy a pair of ARC 1100 Dicut 48 DB for my other bike (should be finished in the next 2 weeks) as the Shimano 9170 C60 are still not available.

by Weenie

khayale

by khayale

I bit the bullet and purchased these (ARC 48 Rim brake version). They arrived today and looking mighty impressive (relative to my Ksyrium Elites which they replace). I'll set them up and go on a series of rides this weekend and report back thereafter.

khayale

by khayale

Hi All

So far so good.

I'd rate these wheels 4.75/5.

Setup: The wheels are mounted with GP 4000 S II tyres 23mm front and 25mm rear.

Thoughts: Compared to my Mavic Ksyriums these wheels are lighter, stiffer, more compliant over road buzz, and feel very much faster at speed. I have done a few rides to date, with the longest ride being 93kms. None of the rides had wind exceeding 10km/h but for the minor gusts experienced the wheels were unfazed.

Braking was excellent (in the dry). It was not grabby at any moment and smoothly modulated/stopped at command. Mounting tyres was also quite easy and the hubs feel smooth. Admittedly on the hubs I don't notice a significant difference from the Mavic hubs.

A disclaimer: my experience with carbon rims includes a pair of Token c50 I trialed a year ago on a BMC SLR01. So I can't quite compare these to other known carbon clinchers. That said the wheelset ticks many boxes on paper such as:

- Modern Rim profile
- Tubeless ready (I plan to run tubeless when these tyres are worn)
- DT Swiss proprietary parts all-round (hubs, spokes etc) which should translate to long term reliability

All in all my own experience of this wheelset has been hugely positive.

See link to bike below:

MichalZZZ

by MichalZZZ

What's the sound of these wheels? Nice? :)

TonyM

by TonyM

I have the disc version and they are great! WIth 23mm/25mm veloflex Open Corsa.
Certainly the placebo effect but they feel fast...
Yes the sound of the 36T ratchet is great also!

cakelover

by cakelover

Good to hear the braking is good. Have you done any wet riding? I have heard that the braking was not the best. i am also about to hit the button in them. They are replacing my Mavic Ksyriums but going on to my Canyon Ultimate CF SLX from 2012 and so I am limited on my options with new wheels and clearance on the rear chain stays and rear brake. Yours been ok? No rubing when standing up on the pedals?

khayale wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:23 am
Hi All

So far so good.

I'd rate these wheels 4.75/5.

Setup: The wheels are mounted with GP 4000 S II tyres 23mm front and 25mm rear.

Thoughts: Compared to my Mavic Ksyriums these wheels are lighter, stiffer, more compliant over road buzz, and feel very much faster at speed. I have done a few rides to date, with the longest ride being 93kms. None of the rides had wind exceeding 10km/h but for the minor gusts experienced the wheels were unfazed.

Braking was excellent (in the dry). It was not grabby at any moment and smoothly modulated/stopped at command. Mounting tyres was also quite easy and the hubs feel smooth. Admittedly on the hubs I don't notice a significant difference from the Mavic hubs.

A disclaimer: my experience with carbon rims includes a pair of Token c50 I trialed a year ago on a BMC SLR01. So I can't quite compare these to other known carbon clinchers. That said the wheelset ticks many boxes on paper such as:

- Modern Rim profile
- Tubeless ready (I plan to run tubeless when these tyres are worn)
- DT Swiss proprietary parts all-round (hubs, spokes etc) which should translate to long term reliability

All in all my own experience of this wheelset has been hugely positive.

See link to bike below: