Where to buy Bora Ultra 35 Clinchers?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Hey guys,

I usually buy groupsets and wheels from Merlin in the UK. But right now they are out of stock. Any reputable place do you recommend that carries the Boras at similar prices to Merlin? Thanks
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Chris3g

by Chris3g

the ultra 35s listed on Merlin right now are the 2015 model, so i guess they won't ever come back in stock at that price. The 2018 model has the AC3 braking surface.
probikekit looks like the lowest in-stock pricing right now.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Chris3g wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:03 pm
the ultra 35s listed on Merlin right now are the 2015 model, so i guess they won't ever come back in stock at that price. The 2018 model has the AC3 braking surface.
probikekit looks like the lowest in-stock pricing right now.
Is probikekit a legit place?
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Chris3g

by Chris3g

i recently got a set of fulcrum quattro carbon's from probikekit, no problems.

robertbb

by robertbb

I've bought most of my Campy stuff (groupset/wheels) from PBK. All good.

c60rider

by c60rider

Noctiluxx wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:16 pm
Hey guys,

I usually buy groupsets and wheels from Merlin in the UK. But right now they are out of stock. Any reputable place do you recommend that carries the Boras at similar prices to Merlin? Thanks
I wouldn't go near Merlin when it comes to buying Campagnolo. I can't speak for any other product they sell but they actively remove any possible way of proving it's origin. I initially purchased Bora 35s from them and found the certilogos had been pulled off leaving just the sticky residue there, the small labels with the bar code type label was also ripped off and the cardboard certificates that match up to the labels that are normally hooked around the hubs were also missing. The super record front derailleur I purchased at the same time also had the label removed leaving the residue behind. They declined to respond to any emails regarding the lack of this until I eventually hit them with an email to every email address I could find a week later to request collection for refund or I would be taking it further with my credit card company. They just responded to say they would collect on this day and that was it. No response as to why they had removed all identification. I used Merlin prices and purchased via Wiggle who do a price match guarantee and sure enough got the best part of £200 refunded.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

c60rider wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:06 am
Noctiluxx wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:16 pm
Hey guys,

I wouldn't go near Merlin when it comes to buying Campagnolo. I can't speak for any other product they sell but they actively remove any possible way of proving it's origin. I initially purchased Bora 35s from them and found the certilogos had been pulled off leaving just the sticky residue there, the small labels with the bar code type label was also ripped off and the cardboard certificates that match up to the labels that are normally hooked around the hubs were also missing. The super record front derailleur I purchased at the same time also had the label removed leaving the residue behind. They declined to respond to any emails regarding the lack of this until I eventually hit them with an email to every email address I could find a week later to request collection for refund or I would be taking it further with my credit card company. They just responded to say they would collect on this day and that was it. No response as to why they had removed all identification. I used Merlin prices and purchased via Wiggle who do a price match guarantee and sure enough got the best part of £200 refunded.
My Bora Ultra 50's purchased from Merlin needed hub repair and were replaced by Campy USA without any issue.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com