Berd polymer spokes

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
LeDuke

by LeDuke

Hopefully they can reduce the price, too.

$9/spoke is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poynt

by poynt

Kayrehn wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 am
They told me black ones will be out within half a year in march and yesterday they said the same thing too. Am quite disappointed because I have a wheel to rebuild and was waiting for that to come.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I spoke to Charlie the other day and asked about colours, and he said they are piloting black and he could sell me some now. :D :D So my all black build can be even lighter now.

by Weenie

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

That is a crazy coincidence, I just sent them a Facebook msg a few hours ago to check whether it'll really happen by this year end. Gonna hustle them for some!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

poynt

by poynt

Klaster_1 wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:45 pm
I think Extralite CyberFront SPD-2 won't work with Berd PolyLight: the endcap rubs the spoke loop, which might potentially cause the failure of either. Then there's also a problem of how to put the endcap on with all spokes pulled through the flange.
in reference to the standard Hyper hubs, do you know if there might be any clearance issuses if you wanted or needed to change the bearings. Would it mean having to rebuild the wheels? Just that before I get my wheels built I was going to upgrade the bearings.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

poynt wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:11 am
in reference to the standard Hyper hubs, do you know if there might be any clearance issuses if you wanted or needed to change the bearings. Would it mean having to rebuild the wheels? Just that before I get my wheels built I was going to upgrade the bearings.
You've probably seen the image, I think this is indeed a concern, but also probably a case where you don't know until you (or someone else) try. Maybe the spokes will flex enough to pull the bearing through. In worst case you can unthread spokes and pull them out a bit, but there's no info how Berds handle a rebuild.

poynt

by poynt

Klaster_1 wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:46 am
Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:11 am
You've probably seen the image, I think this is indeed a concern, but also probably a case where you don't know until you (or someone else) try. Maybe the spokes will flex enough to pull the bearing through. In worst case you can unthread spokes and pull them out a bit, but there's no info how Berds handle a rebuild.
agree even if it is only the radial side that the issue may occur, what about maintenance. If you can't get the bearing out, whats the chance of getting to the seals and re greasing.
Maybe down the line they may come up with a diffeent end/loop and way of terminating the spokes to alleiviate the room/access issuses

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:03 am
If you can't get the bearing out, whats the chance of getting to the seals and re greasing.
That should be possible, just remove the endcap and bearing rubber seal. The thin metal line you can see on my photo behind the endcap is the outer bearing race.