Fulcrum Zero Racing Competizione C17 specs and ride

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

Just got a set swapsies for my Quattro Carbons. Brand new. I’ve had C17 Zeros before, and I wished I’d kept them.

Front 639g, Rear 831g (checked twice). 1470g.

Out of the box a very nice set of wheels, the red spoke is pretty groovy, I thought they might be a bit over the top, and has “Competizione” on the spoke. Wheels spin forever and freehub is SILENT. Both came fitted with tubeless valves in the rims, and all parts you need including an awesome wheel magnet. A quick inspection shows the internals of the freehub have weird grease and different bearings as well, though I doubt they’re ceramic bearings. Something to keep in mind.

You know you have a light set of wheels when the box is heavier than the contents.

I’ll follow up with a ride report when I’ve sobered up enough after tonight’s work Christmas function.

BandiCoote

Eddy Merckx Roubaix70 custom build
Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

medic

by medic

Hey,

Just saw your post after getting some Competiziones for myself!!

8 days door to do from Starbike to New York. Very well packed, no damage to the box. No delays or additonal fees from customs. Few hundred bucks cheaper than buying stateside. Nice!

Replaced the stock Bontrager TLR Race wheels that came on my Domane SL6.
Total weight difference was 333g. First ride tomorrow.

Chris, how do you like yours?
packaging
packaging
rear weight
rear weight
Trek Domane SL6 2017
Trek Domane SL6 2017

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

I have to say, so far they’ve been great. They are quite a bit stiffer and transmit a fair bit of road buzz compared even to a set of well worn carbon wheels I have, but they are bomb proof.

I will try a set of tubeless tyres to see if they work well, but on the whole they’re stiff, light and roll well.

If anything, I find they’re not that good with the Shimano brake pads, I’ve always had better results with the blue swisstop (GXP) ones. I’ll get some of those and try the new setup. Not that I don’t like them, just need to experiment to get what I want with them.
BandiCoote

Eddy Merckx Roubaix70 custom build
Trek Émonda 2018 SLR