Bora 50 aero data

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

So what is it exactly that is making these 'other' wheels so much more aero than Bora's?
Why would you not race Boras? Because they are 'un-aero'? Nonsense!

Singular

by Singular

wintershade wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:28 pm
Marin wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:12 pm
cyclespeed wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:00 pm
when riding, you would never be able to tell any difference between different models.
But then you also would't be able to tell the difference between the fastest and the slowest wheels when riding because it's not something you can feel.
Yeah, agreed. It always cracks me up when reviews comment on how X wheel seemed to "hold speed" better than Y wheel (or bike for that matter) when the difference in CDA equates to like 5 seconds over 40K.
Well, drag is not everything. "Hold speed" often correlates with (higher) weight and inertia, one reason why really deep sections keep the speed up (and why my 90s alloy Shamals and Cosmics feel like flying).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wintershade

by wintershade

cyclespeed wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:15 pm
So what is it exactly that is making these 'other' wheels so much more aero than Bora's?
Why would you not race Boras? Because they are 'un-aero'? Nonsense!
No, I wouldn't race Boras though I enjoy riding them. There are other faster wheels which handle better at their depth. But I have no shortage of options (2 sets of ENVEs, 3 sets of Boras, two sets of Rovals, plus various alloys).