Fulcrum Racing Zero Competizione or shamal ultra ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

oraclesin

by oraclesin

i want's buy low rims. Fulcrum Racing Zero Competizione or shamal ultra ?

can you help to me.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

The same wheel basically, just different branding.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

yes, the same. The question is only if you can live with the red colour and if you think that Campy wheels should only go with a Campy drive train. In that case if you have Shimano or Sram you may prefer the Fulcrum. I have Shamal Ultra - fantastic wheels.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

oraclesin

by oraclesin

Mr.Gib wrote:yes, the same. The question is only if you can live with the red colour and if you think that Campy wheels should only go with a Campy drive train. In that case if you have Shimano or Sram you may prefer the Fulcrum. I have Shamal Ultra - fantastic wheels.

but shamal ultra is USB bearing. and Fulcrum Racing Zero Competizione is CULT!! ... it's same?

oraclesin

by oraclesin

mrlobber wrote:The same wheel basically, just different branding.

i heared that two brands share technology. but USB bearing vs CULT bearing.. it's different.. so i just curious about bearing performance

mrlobber

by mrlobber

You won't be feeling ANY difference, period. Both are superb.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

TonyM

by TonyM

I have the Bora ONE (USB) and the Bora ULTRA (CULT). When you spin the wheel you will see a difference but when I bike I don’t feel any difference however. The pricing is however quite different.

Difference between some Campy and Fulcrum wheels is also the lacing of the spokes (G3 for the Campy)

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

isn't the difference just that CULT have hardened cups and cones, USB does not? Same bearings though? Difference might be longevity. Speed difference? that would be spitting hairs - don''t think there would be any. If the two feel different in your hand it is most likely due to type and amount of grease in the bearings assuming seals are the same.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

TonyM

by TonyM

Mr.Gib wrote:isn't the difference just that CULT have hardened cups and cones, USB does not? Same bearings though? Difference might be longevity. Speed difference? that would be spitting hairs - don''t think there would be any. If the two feel different in your hand it is most likely due to type and amount of grease in the bearings assuming seals are the same.

Yes! both are extremely smooth! I can't feel any difference on the road.
I do however "feel" the difference between the USB/CULT Fulcrum/ Campy and the Mavic or 3T wheels I have.

CULT:
https://www.campagnolo.com/WW/en/Techno ... technology

USB:
https://www.campagnolo.com/WW/en/Techno ... h_bearings

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com