ENVE 4.5 SES - Spoke woes...

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
clipsed

by clipsed

So, after discussions with ENVE they want to replace the Rim again (with a brand new one) then relaced it to my existing hub with CX-ray spokes.

They have already done this once and it didn't seem to work.. Should i push to request a new hub? Perhaps a DT240 if they won't change the spoke configuration?

whosatthewheel

by whosatthewheel

clipsed wrote:So, after discussions with ENVE they want to replace the Rim again (with a brand new one) then relaced it to my existing hub with CX-ray spokes.

They have already done this once and it didn't seem to work.. Should i push to request a new hub? Perhaps a DT240 if they won't change the spoke configuration?

DT 240 will give more tension balance, but will produce a slightly weaker wheel. Besides, I don't think they will replace the hub. Play along and once the wheel comes back you can either sell it as planned or you can have the tension checked by a builder with a calibrated tension meter.

by Weenie

ergott

by ergott

Where are you located?

I calibrate my tensiometer and have worked on that exact combination several times. I've also replaced spokes with Sapim CX-Speed or DT Aero Comps. If not local I can probably help you find someone.