Enve Black Texture Brake Pads on 6.7?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Anikdote

by Anikdote

Basically what the title says.

I'm just curious if anyone here have experience using Enve's Black Texture Brake Pads on 6.7?
I know the black pads are only for use with updated brake track found on ENVE SES 2.2 , SES 7.8 and most recent versions of SES 3.4, and SES 4.5 wheels.

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

i'm sure the experience would be similar to that on the 3.4, 4.5 and 7.8.

what are you concerned with? brake squeal?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Anikdote

by Anikdote

kode54 wrote:i'm sure the experience would be similar to that on the 3.4, 4.5 and 7.8.

what are you concerned with? brake squeal?

On Enve's page, it says " Use of the ENVE Black Brake Pad on SES 3.4, 4.5, 6.7, and 8.9 model rims and wheelsets with the standard braking surface will diminish braking performance and voids the warranty."

I was wondering if they're better in braking performance compared to grey pads on the 6.7 and if what Enve said was true about diminish braking performance.

RyanH

by RyanH

Enve pads are useless. If you have a smooth track, use Reynolds Power Pads and for textured use Black Prince. I honestly can't believe Enve specs such a crappy pad for their rims. No wonder so many people feel they need disc wheels.

fa63

by fa63

Doesn’t the use of non-Enve pads void the warranty? I know it is important to be able to stop and what not, but wouldn’t want to ruin warranty on very expensive wheels either.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

All this voids the warranty stuff - 1) how would they know. 2) if you are looking at nonstandard brake pads due to poor braking and a different pad improves braking power - is a void warranty not worth a-void-ing an accident. I use campy red on all my carbon rims as it brakes better than the recommended pads (xentis, meilensteins and ax lightness)
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com