Aero wheels that stop in the wet

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

I guess I'm getting no traction with the rim rake/water clearning question. Anyway, I wanted to see if any of you peeps have any real world experience with the Nextie rim textured brake track pictured at the end of this thread: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 5#p1390795

silvalis

by silvalis

I'm actually of the opinion that it doesn't take a full rotation to "clear" the rim, instead what you are actually doing is clearing the water sandwiched between the pad and rim when you first pull the brakes. My impressions are possibly biased because I tend to dab a few times before actually braking to clear any grit stuck in there because that trapped grit sound is like nails on a blackboard to me.

I've never ridden a textured brake surface like exaliths or showstoppers though so could be completely wrong.

I also don't think those squeegee extensions do anything, but I've never ridden a pad of the same compound with and without the squeegee.
Chasse patate

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ohjinguh9

by ohjinguh9

Showstopper brake surface on my zipps took a couple of rotations before the pad would really clear the water and start to grab the rim.
Wet breaking wasn't terrible. Not quite alloy level, but if you dab like ppl have said it wasnt bad.

I have roval clx50s now. Wet braking totally sucks