Which Lightweight wheels are these?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cathalu

by Cathalu

Hi all,
Apologies for the photo quality. I’m hoping that someone can help me out. I’m looking to find out which model and year these Lightweights are?
Thanks so much,
CathalImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

Standard 3 special edition, circa 2010 ish
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Cathalu

by Cathalu

glepore wrote:Standard 3 special edition, circa 2010 ish

Super, thanks so much. I wanted someone to confirm what I suspected from internet photos.

moyboy

by moyboy

looks like LIGHTWEIGHT MEILENSTEIN WEISS EDITION

ak47

by ak47

That's before Meileinsteins were out. As already said it was special edition standard 3, used by Team Milram if I'm corect.

Cathalu

by Cathalu

So here is the story....
I’ve been offered the wheels for €140. They are in good nick, hubs etc and haven’t been used in a few years due to the front rim being cracked [emoji52]
Anyway, I’m going to take a punt and get them fixed as well as possible (I know that supposedly they can’t be fixed, but I think that this is not entirely true..). I’ve been quoted €200 for trying and repair.
If it works, I’ll have the bargain of the century, even if they are old enough. If it is not great, I won’t have to live on the street, which is what I’d have to do for a new set!
I’ll let you know how it goes.
I’ve attached a photo of the repair to be done, what to you think??

kgt

by kgt

Hmm... looks like a very difficult area to touch IMHO. I would ask LW.

deltree

by deltree

IIRC somebody on here was selling a set of Lightweights repaired in a similar place by Berk.

ak47

by ak47

Berk will do it, I had front spoke cut in half and wheel totaly misaligned and he fixed it.

Cathalu

by Cathalu

Guys thanks so much. It’ll be a couple of weeks before I get the wheels as away now but will keep you updated. I’ll also get onto Berk.

On another note, I’ve lurked this forum for years without any real need to use until now. I’ve always loved it. There’s not any others as good so thanks everyone.

glepore

by glepore

Easy repair, did one myself recently on a cracked spoke bed. Wheel was still true. Has been good so far (few hundred miles). Yours has more damage, but the wheel itself is only a layer or two of carbon, very light. You'll be fine.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Cathalu

by Cathalu

So my wheel has finally come back from Berk. It was away a lot longer than expected but I wasn’t really going to use it in the Irish winter anyway!
The repair looks good, really well blended in and seems strong. The white colouring and Lightweight decals were even matched up. Here are some Imagephotos of the repair. Obviously I’d totally recommend to anyone, especially if like me you can’t afford Lightweights crash replacement. Image

Geoff

by Geoff

Wow. That is really good. I'm a believer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com