Bare Composites

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WinterRider

by WinterRider

lostrainbow wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:33 pm
waooo... That is a hrad lesson learned.

I would say try talk to your credit card company. Sometimes they can help for purchase protection or extended warranty or even return. Another thing you can do is the small claim court.
Yes.. won the Allied Express claim using my bank who sponsored the credit card. Time...yet a win over the scum bags.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I'm not affiliated but I say give the company a break. It's obviously a young company trying to bring some healthy competition to the big brands.

We need more of that. If it were 3-4y old I'd be pissed too but it's not even a year. I'd say there must have been some risk awareness at the time of purchase.

In any case. Spamming with emails is not helping a small company.

Lacing the new rim to the wheel should be covered by the seller though. I'd just ask humbly and politely. Because after all, how can the wheels be covered under warranty if they weren't laced by someone approved.

/a

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

WOW!... I want to b a supporter of Bare. I'm a follower of a unch of the crit life guys on social media and was aware of the Bare composites company almost as soon as it was born thanks to their social media networking, but this back and forth is severely disturbing. I don't think it is unreasonable to pump a tire to 115 psi and the fact that the warranty section of the website seems to be changing as we speak is disconcerting. I don't hink that Ruliana is being unreasonable in his requests, nor his timeline of communication. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I hope that Bare would make Ruliana whole in terms of the wheel and provide some clarification to their product pages. In my opinion, all of the "max" pressures they're listing are not out of the range of what someone might pump tires to and if that information is vital to the the product then it should be listed in the product description, not buried in the warranty section.

Ruliana

by Ruliana

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:40 pm
WOW!... I want to b a supporter of Bare. I'm a follower of a unch of the crit life guys on social media and was aware of the Bare composites company almost as soon as it was born thanks to their social media networking, but this back and forth is severely disturbing. I don't think it is unreasonable to pump a tire to 115 psi and the fact that the warranty section of the website seems to be changing as we speak is disconcerting. I don't hink that Ruliana is being unreasonable in his requests, nor his timeline of communication. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I hope that Bare would make Ruliana whole in terms of the wheel and provide some clarification to their product pages. In my opinion, all of the "max" pressures they're listing are not out of the range of what someone might pump tires to and if that information is vital to the the product then it should be listed in the product description, not buried in the warranty section.
Web cache of their warranty citing max tire pressure of 140psi on June 1st. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... nty-policy

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Yes... I saw your screenshot. That's what I'm making reference to when I said the warranty section seems ot be changing as we speak. If you can't tell, I'm on your side in this argument... it seems others are as well, and then you kind of respond back, seemingly trying to correct or clarify when you don't need to. I think that's a little off putting and is doing you more harm than good. I get it, you're frustrated, wanted to support an upstart company and it doesn't seem like they care for your early support now.

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

@Ruliana
I looked at the review section of Bare's Facebook page. I noticed there is a review from someone with your last name. I assume you are related. If so, can you elaborate on the issue she had with her Bare wheels? She does not say what the issue is.

@ZachM
-- I think it's a bit lame to leave a 5-star review for your own company. Just saying.
-- I believe that the customer should be able to post their reviews in a truthful, factual manner. In return, if you believe that a review is not the correct reflection of your service, you can flag it in FB (I believe this is possible) after attempting to sort things out with the customer. Also, if you think that there are a significant portion of your customers who are attempting to take advantage of a new company (this happens), you might consider disabling the review section on your FB page until things have calmed down a bit.

Ruliana

by Ruliana

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:18 pm
Yes... I saw your screenshot. That's what I'm making reference to when I said the warranty section seems ot be changing as we speak. If you can't tell, I'm on your side in this argument... it seems others are as well, and then you kind of respond back, seemingly trying to correct or clarify when you don't need to. I think that's a little off putting and is doing you more harm than good. I get it, you're frustrated, wanted to support an upstart company and it doesn't seem like they care for your early support now.
Apologies if that’s how I came off, not what my intent was. Thank you for the feedback.

otoman

by otoman

glam2deaf wrote:
Customer service here too. In the bike industry, we get it at least monthly. I'm not taking sides here, but I've been on the receiving end of more tirades like this than I can remember.

Soladiraty with fellow customer service workers. :beerchug:

Edit: Zack, if this is a fight you want to have, good luck to you. Though in my experience chalk it up to a loss and move on.
Oh man, this is so true. I’m in a healthcare and the everloving piss fits that grown-ass people will throw is truly astounding. What is hilarious about this is that ZachM and Ruliana probably have extremely similar personalities, both competitive, stubborn and utterly convinced of their own righteousness. Personally, I hate the squeaking wheel tactic. Detest it. Loathe it.

As glam2deaf said, people need to own up to their own life and business mistakes and move on. I’m saying that to both parties. Zack, you will not win in the long run even if you totally shut this guy down. Just cool it and go after the positive reviews for your business. He’ll wear out eventually. They always do when the person at Target does something wrong, or their wife’s oil isn’t changed right, or the plumber was late, or or or.... there is always something for complainers to complain about.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

I was looking at the responses on this forum, the reviews on Bare's FB page, as well as the (publicly visible) posts on Ruliana's FB page. It feels like a lynching is going on, to the point where the lynch mob is posting fake negative FB reviews artificially deflating Bare's reputation (because not everyone who posted a review actually bought a Bare product).

And I thought that all of this is due to one single event: the rim blew out at 115 psi, while it's sitting in the garage. How does one verify this is correct? How can it be proven that it didn't fail at 116 psi, or 120, or 200, or 300?

I'm not saying that Ruliana is necessarily wrong, but we do not have conclusive evidence that what he said is right either. All I learned from the exchanges are that, from my point of view, Bare is a little rough around the edges.

P.S. If you're wondering if people will deliberately lie about how their product failed in order to claim warranty, the answer is a resounding yes. I'm not saying that Ruliana does this, but in general people do it all the time. All the time.

joejack951

by joejack951

otoman wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:02 pm
They always do when the person at Target does something wrong, or their wife’s oil isn’t changed right, or the plumber was late, or or or.... there is always something for complainers to complain about.
It sounds as if you are suggesting that there is no legitimate complaint being raised here. Would you be happy with a brand new rim that failed at 115 psi?

Orbital

by Orbital

There are terrible customers and there are terrible customer service reps. That’s life. What’s especially true these days with Ecommerce and forums and FB is that poor customer service will sink a vender pretty quickly. I never respond to those Feefo and google review emails that quickly follow an order. It’s rare that a vendor doesn’t fulfill their initial obligation. The true test is how they handle any aftercare.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

otoman wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:02 pm
glam2deaf wrote:
Customer service here too. In the bike industry, we get it at least monthly. I'm not taking sides here, but I've been on the receiving end of more tirades like this than I can remember.

Soladiraty with fellow customer service workers. :beerchug:

Edit: Zack, if this is a fight you want to have, good luck to you. Though in my experience chalk it up to a loss and move on.
Oh man, this is so true. I’m in a healthcare and the everloving piss fits that grown-ass people will throw is truly astounding. What is hilarious about this is that ZachM and Ruliana probably have extremely similar personalities, both competitive, stubborn and utterly convinced of their own righteousness. Personally, I hate the squeaking wheel tactic. Detest it. Loathe it.

As glam2deaf said, people need to own up to their own life and business mistakes and move on. I’m saying that to both parties. Zack, you will not win in the long run even if you totally shut this guy down. Just cool it and go after the positive reviews for your business. He’ll wear out eventually. They always do when the person at Target does something wrong, or their wife’s oil isn’t changed right, or the plumber was late, or or or.... there is always something for complainers to complain about.
You work in our lovely healthcare industry and expect customers not to complain? :roll:
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

otoman

by otoman

A bit of a disingenuous question. Of course people complain in a healthcare environment. I’m taking about the person throwing a fit about some perceived injustice. Sorry to derail the thread.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Your average 21st century 'on--trem-pen-NOUR' ... would do well to make their first purchase a large quantity of vaseline... enclosed w each purchase.

The tension ratio rear is so ridiculous.. some pimple faced kid on a $10 phon ap design looks like.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

supertemp

by supertemp

Some of you guys are too kind!
OP bought these wheels in October, over 8 months ago, and the retailer is talking about all sorts of stuff including how it's a problem because he picked the colour he wanted.
He also changed his warranty page from max psi is 140 to 110 during this thread.
It seems it would have been easy to fix this, offer a refund, or a different colour. Not just a rim, that he still doesn't have.
I probably would have sent the guy some irritated/ing emails as well by now.
FWIW I have no dog in this fight, I had never heard of Bare and I do not know the OP, I just came here looking for recommendations on wheel upgrades for my gf's Cannondale.
Hope it works out for you Ruliana.