Bare Composites

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ruliana

by Ruliana

Ryan,

From the start of my warranty claim I sent messages on fb messenger on 5/19, 21, 25 and 6/7. Zack responded on 5/20 and 5/23.

I contacted Zack from the phone number on their website on 5/27

Emails from me were on 5/20 (original email Zack asked me to send to start the claim), 5/30, 6/4(2 emails), 6/5, 6/14
Zack responded to my emails on 5/30, 6/4 and 6/14

I also left Zack a voicmail on 6/12
RyanH wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:25 pm
ZackM wrote:
During the process, I had what seemed like daily emails from the customer pressuring to do things the way he wanted, calls on Sundays, and long weekends that I even answered! Knowing that the process was being taken care of and that the customer would be receiving a new rim at my expense, although I was advised otherwise by people that I employ to know more than me I didn't feel the urgent need to be in constant contact with the person. I grew tired of the endless emails, and criticism of my brand.
Can you quantify how many emails he actually sent you and over what time period? How many of his emails did you respond to?

Is it standard practice to replace the entire wheel or just the defective part?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

Based on the country code on Bare Composite's website, it looks like they are based in the US. 5/27 is a Sunday, and it's the Memorial Day long weekend (Memorial Day is on 5/28).

Ruliana

by Ruliana

antonioiglesius wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:04 am
Based on the country code on Bare Composite's website, it looks like they are based in the US. 5/27 is a Sunday, and it's the Memorial Day long weekend (Memorial Day is on 5/28).

Yep, I took a chance expecting to get a voicemail and business hours info. I was surprised it went to his cell phone. To his credit he did answer the phone. In this day and age many companies have 24/7 customer support so I took a shot. I dialed the number and he answered although I got a “hello?” And not anything indicating I had reached their business line.

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

Ummmmmm...... No.........

For example:

Ruliana

by Ruliana

antonioiglesius wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:20 am
Ummmmmm...... No.........

For example:

You asked the question, I gave you the answer. Like I said, I wasn’t expecting to actually have anyone answer and I gave him credit for doing so. Not really sure what your point is here?

AZR3

by AZR3

I think he was pointing out that not every company has 24/7 customer support. I wouldn’t expect any small company in the bike/wheel industry to have 24/7 support.

Also, was he being truthful about the trashing you gave him on social media?

Ruliana

by Ruliana

AZR3 wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:58 am
I think he was pointing out that not every company has 24/7 customer support. I wouldn’t expect any small company in the bike/wheel industry to have 24/7 support.

Also, was he being truthful about the trashing you gave him on social media?
As stated above I didn’t expect 24/7 customer service I simply called a number on their website. I posted the exact same thing on this forum that I did on fb. You can see my post, it’s public.

AZR3

by AZR3

I’m not saying you did, just pointing out that what antonioiglesius posted was an example that not every company has 24/7 support, you said you weren’t sure why he posted it. And I’m not saying you were in anyway wrong, I’m siding with you, just curious how much you trashed him on social media since you haven’t denied that part (not that I wouldn’t have done the same lol)

RyanH

by RyanH

Ruliana wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 pm
Ryan,

From the start of my warranty claim I sent messages on fb messenger on 5/19, 21, 25 and 6/7. Zack responded on 5/20 and 5/23.

Emails from me were on 5/20 (original email Zack asked me to send to start the claim), 5/30, 6/4(2 emails), 6/5, 6/14

Hmm...this is not a very long time frame. I was about to respond to AJS with my personal situation in dealing with a commercial treadmill that we purchased and warranty support turned out to be a sham (as well as it actually being refurbished). But, we've been dealing with that for months, not a few weeks.

Could you share a little more detail on how you went from working with Zach on the issue to going to the extreme of blasting them on every online forum? If you were at the point where we are currently with the treadmill situation (e.g. 30 unresponded emails over 2 months, not answering dozens of calls etc...) then that would be one thing...

Ruliana

by Ruliana

AZR3 wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:44 am
I’m not saying you did, just pointing out that what antonioiglesius posted was an example that not every company has 24/7 support, you said you weren’t sure why he posted it. And I’m not saying you were in anyway wrong, I’m siding with you, just curious how much you trashed him on social media since you haven’t denied that part (not that I wouldn’t have done the same lol)
I did not “trash him” on social media. I told my story from my perspective. The same exact post I posted here is the one Zack is referencing as “trashing” him.

Ruliana

by Ruliana

RyanH wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:55 am
Ruliana wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 pm
Ryan,

Hmm...this is not a very long time frame. I was about to respond to AJS with my personal situation in dealing with a commercial treadmill that we purchased and warranty support turned out to be a sham (as well as it actually being refurbished). But, we've been dealing with that for months, not a few weeks.

Could you share a little more detail on how you went from working with Zach on the issue to going to the extreme of blasting them on every online forum? If you were at the point where we are currently with the treadmill situation (e.g. 30 unresponded emails over 2 months, not answering dozens of calls etc...) then that would be one thing...
I’ve pretty much spelled everything out on my posts already. I’ve spent more than enough time and energy on this already. I’ve got nothing to gain here. If you think Bare has a good product with good service, go ahead and get them.

AZR3

by AZR3

Ruliana wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:00 am
AZR3 wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:44 am
I did not “trash him” on social media. I told my story from my perspective. The same exact post I posted here is the one Zack is referencing as “trashing” him.
I only used “trashed” because that’s what Zack said, and one man’s idea of being “trashed” could be nothing more than telling the facts as they are if they don’t paint them in the light they believe they deserve.

RyanH

by RyanH

Ruliana wrote: I’ve pretty much spelled everything out on my posts already. I’ve spent more than enough time and energy on this already. I’ve got nothing to gain here. If you think Bare has a good product with good service, go ahead and get them.
Sorry, but that's not how it works. You are casting a stone at a company that has a lot to lose by your unsubstantiated statements. They may be truthful and your ire may be warranted but there has to be some form of due process, otherwise it could be slander and I'll delete your posts in their entirety. Mind you, I don't know anything about Bare and based on my limited information from Zach, I don't know if I necessarily trust anything coming out of their end either.

BUT, I only asked some superficial, basic questions and you're already getting defensive. Do you want to elaborate or is that your final answer?

ETA: I work in customer service and I unfortunately deal with a growing number of adults who believe they can have child like meltdowns because they didn't get it exactly their way. I'm trying to make sure this isn't one of those instances because no company should have to defend themselves against bullsh*t like that.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

RyanH wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:46 am
ETA: I work in customer service and I unfortunately deal with a growing number of adults who believe they can have child like meltdowns because they didn't get it exactly their way. I'm trying to make sure this isn't one of those instances because no company should have to defend themselves against bullsh*t like that.
Customer service here too. In the bike industry, we get it at least monthly. I'm not taking sides here, but I've been on the receiving end of more tirades like this than I can remember.

Soladiraty with fellow customer service workers. :beerchug:

Edit: Zack, if this is a fight you want to have, good luck to you. Though in my experience chalk it up to a loss and move on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ruliana

by Ruliana

Ryan,

Things broke down just after I was informed that the warranty claim would be accepted and Bare was going to send me a new “rim”. That was June 4th. I immediately replied to Zack thanking him but asking him for clarification. Keep in mind I had one ride on these wheels before having the issue. In my opinion, sending a rim alone with me bearing the cost and time to have it rebuilt was not an acceptable option. I asked Zack to clarify if he meant new “wheel” or was he just sending me the new rim? I also asked for some kind of timeline - would this take days, weeks or months? When Zack did not respond I tried emailing him again the following day and again had no response. I tried sending two messages on fb messenger which went unanswered and tried calling the phone number on the companies website which went to a generic voicmail box. This occurred between June 4-14. After being ignored, I sent another email on June 14th voicing my displeasure in the lack of any kind of response. In this email I told Zack I wanted a complete new front wheel or a refund of my purchase and I would pay to ship him the product back. I told him that if he was unwilling to do that, than I would share my experience with the company.

Zack can say that in his opinion I’m being unreasonable but he CANNOT say that I’m lying as he has accused me of several times. If he wants to stand by calling me a liar I’d ask for some proof. If not, that’s skirting libel.

Just the fact that Zack is holding even sending me a rim that was a vaild warranty claim (by Bare) until he receives an apology and his manipulation of the warranty section on his website to try and then discredit this claim (validated by the screenshots I sent above) should tell you what you need to know.

Thanks for listening to my side of events.

On another note, if you have concerns about people posting libelous content on this forum I’d ask you to remove the post by “itsbeenknown” . I’m taking a guess that it is Zack or one of his friends but that post has some straight up bullish!t in it with absolutely no proof of what they claim against me.

RyanH wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:46 am
Ruliana wrote: I’ve pretty much spelled everything out on my posts already. I’ve spent more than enough time and energy on this already. I’ve got nothing to gain here. If you think Bare has a good product with good service, go ahead and get them.
Sorry, but that's not how it works. You are casting a stone at a company that has a lot to lose by your unsubstantiated statements. They may be truthful and your ire may be warranted but there has to be some form of due process, otherwise it could be slander and I'll delete your posts in their entirety. Mind you, I don't know anything about Bare and based on my limited information from Zach, I don't know if I necessarily trust anything coming out of their end either.

BUT, I only asked some superficial, basic questions and you're already getting defensive. Do you want to elaborate or is that your final answer?